Author Topic: system specs  (Read 2540 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
dunno if this has bn covered but what are the system spec fors this gonna be, will it run ok on my rig which is

Win Xp home
athlon 2600
512DDR Ram
128mb 9700 Radeon with 4.11 drivers(so no shinemaps)
7.1 soundcard
directX 9c

Am asking cos i seem to be getting really low framerates of 20 on the likes of Inferno, was gonna upgrade my graphics card but not sure to wot.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
R3 should run fine.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by starbug

Am asking cos i seem to be getting really low framerates of 20 on the likes of Inferno, was gonna upgrade my graphics card but not sure to wot.

There's your problem... you're running Inferno.

Actually, since most of the R1 ships in Inferno are huge monstrosities with tens of textures, you rproblem is the lack of optimization.

R2 will more than likely run smoothly on your system. Since you hae a decent rig.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Win Xp home
athlon 2600
512DDR Ram
128mb 9700 Radeon with 4.11 drivers(so no shinemaps)
7.1 soundcard
directX 9c

R3 will run more than fine on your machine, you can even enable all eyecandy I guess.
I'm running on a GF Ti4200 with "inly" 64 MB, and it runs perfect almost al of the time, only if there are too many different ships in the mission I run out of video memory and have to enable the "compress pcx" flag or disable the jpg/tga flag, on the cost of prettyness.

So...don't you worry 'bout a thing.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline mitac

:wtf: My system is far inferior to yours, and Inferno runs as smooth as silk. Try OpenGL with the latest 3.6.5 build, it'll give back the shinemaps plus it's actually faster than D3D, at least for me.
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
cheers very muchly :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
At least I can confirm that Intel Extreme Graphics won't do...

The game crashes after the first few frames in-mission and fred2_open refuses to load since it can't find OpenGL support.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
At least I can confirm that Intel Extreme Graphics won't do...

It's a general "rule" in the gaming world never to use integrated graphics cards in 3D games.

was gonna upgrade my graphics card but not sure to wot.

If you don't want that video card I'll take it. :)
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key