Author Topic: Antares' Super Fun Happy Thread!  (Read 10982 times)

Offline Havock

Antares' Super Fun Happy Thread!
Originally posted by Singh
This enough fer ya or are you interested in some more ;7

there is something funny bout the shadows of the large planet and it's moon/the smaller planet.

what moon/smaller planet?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html

Hey Kal, use my Glowpointed Arcadia.  And maybe get it into the media VP?

And the smaller planet is the one behind the Hades, just barely visable because its bright spot points in the opposite direction from the big rock's and lines up almost perfectly with the other planet's edge.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

ah yes, now i see it.

And you might want to talk to WMCoolmon about that thing. I really should make the SCP enhancement page instead of just listing a few high poly models in the guide.......
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Crikey, thats much better!

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
The glowpointed arcadia didn't really look good. Probably because fading in/out glowpoints never was implemented.

Originally posted by Kalfireth

Which is odd because spec mapping is enabled in the launcher, and I'm using the 05.04.04 build... which is the latest, no?

You have specular, but it's killed off by all that diffuse+ambient light. Add "-spec" and "-ambient_factor 75" to your command line.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Unknown Target
Si :) Ripped from the explosions from FS1, I think :)

Yes. It is from the freespace.vp from FS1. Time to read the readme that comes with my effects, eh? :D
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/fsdoc/index.php/SCP%20Media%20Additions

click the edit button, fill in a random username and password. the password line can be left empty, but the username has to be a WikiWord, with at least two caps, neither at the end. for example StratComm, KasPerl, AntAres, SirAntares.  Use headers as used in the rest of the file. !! for new sections, !!! for the MODs themselves. Always list author and direct download location. Mirror to somewhere reliable if it's hosted on angelfire or something, but ask permission from author first.

:hopping:  boooo. hissssss

i wanna see some exploding stuff :wtf:
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal Name."
-Lao-Tzu

the explosions are about the one thing that can't/hasn't been upgraded to anything better.

ah well :P
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal Name."
-Lao-Tzu

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
And why is that?
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Because i havent figured out .ani's yet :)

As soon as i do (and as soon as im done fixing my beams to work with lightspeed's new stuff and making high res textures for EVERY ship) There will be new explosions for the People!! (unless, of course, someone else gets there first)
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
WHAT?  You mean I have to wait a few more days or even a week??  What kind of world is this???!!!

Really though, you guys are my gods.  :D
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by Lightspeed
The glowpointed arcadia didn't really look good. Probably because fading in/out glowpoints never was implemented.

It doesn't look any worse though, and it adds a little bit more detail and makes use of a feature that is otherwise not used outside of TBP.  Some pulse to the glows would be nice, yes, but I disagree that they look bad as-is.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Can you provide the link for the launcher and SCP build thingies, because, my computer is broken and I'm getting it fixed on Tuesday, and I'll need the links to all the stuff I need to get the SCP running... so, I'll download Lightspeed's totally *****en nebulas that make me wet my pants because they are so beautiful, almost as much as my girlfriend, and I'll also get those beam upgrades. Beautiful...

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by Turambar
Because i havent figured out .ani's yet :)

As soon as i do (and as soon as im done fixing my beams to work with lightspeed's new stuff and making high res textures for EVERY ship) There will be new explosions for the People!! (unless, of course, someone else gets there first)

Actually, I've been doing ****load of work trying to get better explosions. I have acces to some Artbeats stock explosions (through my school) and I've already converted some to ani format. They'd look very good exept I had to strech them in order to get them working in FS2. And after that they look really, really bad. FS2 is too picky! :hopping:

Hmm... that gives me a idea though. Gotta try something :D

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Havock

there is something funny bout the shadows of the large planet and it's moon/the smaller planet.

Pfft......I fixed it:

The Haven system is one of the most fortified in the new sector as it is the home of the mighty Admin Hegemony. Occasionally, they invite people from different factions to fight for rewards and such.

Sorry Kasperl...I just had to post it!! I just HAD to!!! Its too pretty not to ;) Promise I wont put up the cutscene tho :)
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
The green lighting doesn't fit with the planet imho.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
pfffffffft.......nitpick :p
great...now i have to go and change everything all over again
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(