Author Topic: Halo in FS, anyone?  (Read 10983 times)

Offline Striker

I know I feel like a complete n00b pulling the "It would be so cool if" thread, but from the very little I've seen of Halo 2 combined with Halo, there seems to be a lot of nice source material for a Halo mod for FS. Missions ranging from the Fall of Reach, the defense of the Pillar of Autumn around Halo, and the siege of Earth, would just be awesome I think. Once I get an Xbox and Halo 2 (X-mas) I'd love to work on this. Unfortunatly I have no talents. But if there is, was, or ever will be a Halo conversion, I'd love to help in any way. I was inspired for this by listening to the Halo soundtrack and noticing how well it would work in Freespace. Anyway, good luck to anyone interested in the endevour.
...lurk

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
*Cough*

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,20375.0.html

*COUGH*

I still have the model around somewhere........I think it still works. I never got around to doing the PoA or the Longsword. Lack of decent reference material for one thing, and lack of time and interest in other projects for a second.

A Halo mod could work - the ballistic weapons from the SCP will make things very interesting - but I need inspiration and help to do so..........along with a good set of reference pics and a texture artist!!:)
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

this is funny cause just now in the shower (while listening to the Halo2 soundtrack) this idea popped up in my head too!

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
Oh jeeze......please don't tell me that I've kick-started ANOTHER mod project without realising it! :D:D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
------------

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
*ahem* http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,23025.0.html

ask Hippo, he should have the model of the Longsword and Pillar of Autumn
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
Ah yes, forgot about those.... :)
------------

Where's the Pillar of Autumn model that Hippo had?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

those old threads dont have the photos anymore. someone kick hippo in the butt and wake his ass up and give back photos lol

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
NO!!!!!

HALO AND FREESPACE ARE UTTERLY INCOMPATIBLE!!! THOSE BASTARDS WHO TRIED TO MAKE A 'FUN' GAME DONT HAVE ENOUGHT IMAGINATION TO FILL A THIMBLE!!!

theres NO need to degrade freespace down to halos level!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

ggrrrrrrrrr..... [/flame]
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by Grimloq
NO!!!!!

HALO AND FREESPACE ARE UTTERLY INCOMPATIBLE!!! THOSE BASTARDS WHO TRIED TO MAKE A 'FUN' GAME DONT HAVE ENOUGHT IMAGINATION TO FILL A THIMBLE!!!

Have you even glanced at the halo books?
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

NO!!!!!

Explain your position. Not that it can be explained (;)), but I'd like to see you try...
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Solatar

NO!!!!!

so...don't play the MOD...:blah:

Offline HeX

• http://www.warpstorm.com
1 word: Decaf.
Warpstorm
Alot's changed, but alot's still the same. Come on by and talk about anything!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by deep_eyes
this is funny cause just now in the shower (while listening to the Halo2 soundtrack) this idea popped up in my head too!

Speaking of which, what do you think of the Halo 2 soundtrack? I like most of the snippets, but I wonder if it's worth the money. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Striker

I acheived the Halo 1 soundtrack by less than legal means...probably will do the same with Halo 2. But if its better than 1's, its gotta be pretty damn good.
...lurk

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
halo made up very little on its own. most of the vehicles were total ripoffs from UT2004, and several of the weapons too. allow me to demonstrate:

pistol = enforcer
assault rifle = er, assault rifle  >.<  though the halo one, i must admit, is kinda cool
sniper rifle = sniper rifle, though thats a generic weapon, so i cant blem em unfortunately
rocket launcher = rocket launcher from james bond: goldeneye (N64, i think)
shotgun = flak cannon

and so on.

plus, the gameplay is sloppy and unbalanced, and the weapons are horribly degraded from what they took from it.

plus, the 'pillar of autumn' is terribly underdetailed and werid looking o.O

plus, i just hate halo. the storyline seems to be ununderstandable, as everyone ive ever asked about it says it has a totally different one. and level design leaves something to be desired.

however, i WILL give halo 2 a chance before i start bashing that a lot more. though i dont know how i can ever like it at all.:hopping:

you must admit, those reasons are pretty good.

also, they cheated by making it available on the XBOX, which is so popular its literally unbelevable.

so, dont play the mod :blah:  

uh, to be honest i didnt think of that :blah: go ahead, laugh... :p

[edit] oh, and sorry for flaming. i got carried away. *is under alot of stress and is feelin very hostile to the world*

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
So UT2004 is the only game to have an all terrain jeep? Yeah, right.

The only weapon that was nerfed was the pistol. And the battle rifle has a scope instead. The ma5b from halo 1 sucked.

The SPNKr rocket launcher is based from the marathon rocket launcher.

And shotguns are a generic weapon for many games.
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline Roanoke

those reasons are lame, but each to their own.

On the plus side, though, any FS2 Halo mod wouldn't have ANY of those bad points :)

I enjoyed Halo...except the level design was sooo dull going through all those levels full of Flood. Same room...same battle...over and over.

An FS2 mod would be a very good idea :D

assuming

1) There aren't any copyright issues with using the Halo ships
2) That there are enough ships to give variety.

I don;t know about the books and other stuff... how many ship designes are there???? Would like to see some pics. Especially of the Covenant capships. Been a Long time since I played the game!
"It was a time when men were REAL men
Women were REAL women,
And small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri"

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
i have no gripe against the halo ships, except that they look stupid and simple...

and when i say they 'borrowed' the shotgun i meant that it acts nearly exactly like the flak gun, right down to damage.