Author Topic: [WIP] Tau'Ri support carrier  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
[WIP] Tau'Ri support carrier
So this is my first (serious) attempt at modelling. I noticed a lack of stargate themed creations and I also currently roleplay in that setting, so i took my shot at creating support carier to complement the BC-304s.
I'm also using this to see if I can get it into FreeSpace eventually or if i'm a total scrub :P Next stop: Turrets.

I'm kinda out of ideas though - I don't wanna completely rip the greebles off of a 304, so if someone could drop an opinion on what to add, it'd be much appreciated :)

Info: Sketch up, total of 12 hours work so far.

:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: [WIP] Tau'Ri support carrier
You can add more armor plates to the flat areas. Also, some recesses with pipes and other greebles inside are always welcome. I also have suggestion about the hangarbay, I think it's not tall enough and there is just not enough space for wing of fighters. While I don't know Stargate universe, I think it's rather obvious that hangarbay should be commodious.

That's all from suggestions. Very nice model :). I like simple designs.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Re: [WIP] Tau'Ri support carrier
Updated. Thanks for the suggestions. I was so fixated on adding stuff that i completely neglected the fact that i can also cut away :) The only thing modeled is the runway, not the whole hangar bay, and it is up to scale with the canon ships. I do not intend to model much of internal stuff, considering the SG ships can move at half the speed of light. If you're inside and the AI decides to move, you're toast :D The whole aft section below the 'armor slab' is actually the hangar. It should carry some 12 F-302s with ease. I intend to have textured elevator inside, but not much further than that.
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::