Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 64257 times)

Offline redmenace

I have new builds, just not uploaded. FRED2 however, is broken till further notice.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
nooooooooooo! :(
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's actually working again - did you see the thread?  It was fixed during the last day or two. :)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Oh yeah, it happens a lot.
the limit is 6500 normals.
I'm making it dynamic.  Also I'm fixing the HTL wireframe mode to work properly (in OGL at least) and that will be the default for HTL now.  It should soon have no limit in number or verts or normals and wireframe models should render just as fast (or faster) than normal models.

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 1/16/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Updated
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
One pecularity I have noticed with these links (for quite a long time now) is that if I click them in Firefox, it tries to load up the rar file inside the browser and displays a lot of gibberish. I have to right-click and save the files somewhere in order to download them normally. Is anyone else getting this?

Offline redmenace

Known Issue. No fix, sorry.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Sounds like a server problem.
-C

Offline Solatar

I just use IE to download them.

Has there been weirdness reported with the 1/16 build about radar in the nebula and environment mapping?  Been awhile since I played FS2 at all, so I'm out of touch.

Radar in the nebula works at full range, so in the first nebula mission you can see everything on radar when most of it should be invisible.  Turning on env mapping just flat out crashes whenever I enter a mission.

Apoligies if these are reposts.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The env mapping has been broken for a while, but the other thing sounds like a new bug. Put it on Mantis.

[edit] Actually never mind, it looks like it's already on there.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 11:49:44 am by CP5670 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
One pecularity I have noticed with these links (for quite a long time now) is that if I click them in Firefox, it tries to load up the rar file inside the browser and displays a lot of gibberish. I have to right-click and save the files somewhere in order to download them normally. Is anyone else getting this?
CP5670

Just right-click > Save Link As... ,

or better yet, get the FlashGot plugin http://www.flashgot.net  and use it with Free Download Manager  www.freedownloadmanager.org  (free - no spyware, etc). 
Then you'd right-click > FlashGot Link
This way, it downloads much faster!
Hope this helps!!  :)  ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 03:18:18 pm by jr2 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i never saw anything wrong with the env. mapping...

[EDIT] i would have taken a screenshot to see if you could see if anything was wrong, but i'm still getting variating single-color screenshots. :wtf:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 06:51:52 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Just Wouaww !! This builds are definately the best I've got, no sound stuttering, no music cut, better AI (a lot lot better AI behavior). However, the Voice recognition didn't work :(

What do you guys have done to the AI ? Now, in all the missions I made, the Empire fleet take advantage and destroyed an Orion class as fast as possible. Generally, the Orion survive but was still damaged. Now, I can cry in space !!  :shaking:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I haven't noticed any differences in the AI. (and there shouldn't be, at least by default) How exactly are they better?

Offline Mewgen1

Heya everyone, I was just having a problem with the 1/16 InfCVS build and since I cant use the search function on the forums (is that ever going to get fixed?) I figured this was the most appropriate place to put this.

Anyways the error occurs when I click the launchers run button.   I started having the problem when I installed the upgraded inferno files, but it continued even after I removed the new files and set the launcher to use no mods.  I also tried the same thing with the 1/17 build.

Flags:
C:\Games\FreeSpace2\fs2_open_r-P4Inf20060116.exe -spec -glow -jpgtga -2d_poof -cache_bitmaps -missile_lighting -ship_choice_3d -snd_preload -fps

Error: TurretAngleFix-shp.tbm(line 6:
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$type="inital"].

File:\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cpp
Line: 612
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Has this happened to anyone before?

Offline redmenace

looks like you are using old media vps.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I haven't noticed any differences in the AI. (and there shouldn't be, at least by default) How exactly are they better?

I didn't try with the main Fs2 campaign, but in my SW mod, enemy fighter and bomber are more dangerous than before. Their evasive action is better, as well for their accuracy and the way they moved (they use their full speed and bomber attack any cruiser faster).

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The most recent build of FRED is crashing a hell of a lot for me. It seems to occur whenever I use any of WMCoolmons SEXPs (cutscene or the object speed ones) but not with the others (Except the get-object-x and get-object-relative-x SEXPs). Furthermore FRED offers me different options from the popup menu for these ships. Instead of Alpha 1 being the default option I get <any traitor> and then this weirdness. THe 9/1/2006 build is fine. Haven't tried any intermediate builds yet.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 07:23:40 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mav

I didn't try with the main Fs2 campaign, but in my SW mod, enemy fighter and bomber are more dangerous than before. Their evasive action is better, as well for their accuracy and the way they moved (they use their full speed and bomber attack any cruiser faster).

Also, in the Shivan Gauntlet, the cruisers are no longer sitting ducks, they actually move around and try to make your life as hard as possible (which I find quite a good thing).
Just recently reinstalled FS, so I can't really say much more to this.

And the 9/1/2006- build crashes on me everytime the mission starts (right where the Manticores jump in).
The 29/12/2005 works quite good, but usually crashes once I try to load a second mission. :(
Still, there's quite a high chance that my PC is the problem, as
         a) I'm thinking the RAM might be a bit faulty
and   b) I'm running Win98 (the readme told me it wasn't recommended, I know...)

Only point I'd complain about is that both FRED builds show most textures (except the Pegasus) and backgrounds as plain white, regardless of if I have -jgptga and/or -fredhtl enabled. :( Is this issue already known?  :confused:
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
-----------------------------------
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)