Author Topic: Colossus model sugestion  (Read 8337 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Colossus model sugestion
Besides all that, if we ditch the wonky rotation point, all of the newbies are going to be completely lost when we start talking about Colossus baseball.  And we wouldn't want that, would we?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Though, from a purely personal perspective, I think the Colossus was a one-off, I don't see the GTVA building another one, but then, if the campaign is well written, no-one would care ;)
Well there could be campaigns featuring the same Colossus, such as one on the NTF side or som'n.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
personally i'd like to see something remotely HTL for the ship, it's not a very pretty ship to begin with, and truth be told it doesn't really show the vasudan influence in its design much either.. i think the hardest part is trying to keep the 'design ethic' intact, all the while making it look more than the proverbial squirtgun it appears to be.  :p
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
personally i'd like to see something remotely HTL for the ship, it's not a very pretty ship to begin with, and truth be told it doesn't really show the vasudan influence in its design much either.. i think the hardest part is trying to keep the 'design ethic' intact, all the while making it look more than the proverbial squirtgun it appears to be.  :p

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,53385.0.html
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
good lord, i've been gone for far too long..
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Well, I don't know what became of that...I DO hope that it is still alive, and that it will be the upcoming MVPs as a surprise.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
No sorry. :p

There are a few new surprises, but no Colossal ones. The massive amount of time and work involved in getting that model completely working in game from it's current state puts it well out of the running for the next MVP set.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I've actually started cleaning up some of the vertices on the head. It looks like it made heavy use of booleans, and as experienced modelers know it makes an absolute nightmare of the seams. I forsee great numbers of collision errors in our future.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
I've actually started cleaning up some of the vertices on the head. It looks like it made heavy use of booleans, and as experienced modelers know it makes an absolute nightmare of the seams. I forsee great numbers of collision errors in our future.

i foresee that once it is game ready, the results will be EPIC
   //Warning\\

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I foresee that when paired with the hairy, muscled Sathanas, people will fail Bearbaiting and High Noon in droves
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I foresee that when paired with the hairy, muscled Sathanas, people will fail Bearbaiting and High Noon in droves
All I have to say is :lol:.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll

You have my heartfelt sympathy. I'm just glad that at least you have the model, so it won't be lost in the depths of the forum or on the HDD of somebody who disappears like KARMA's nice WIP version of the Colossus.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Lots of people probably have the model.  I have the model.  My mom has the model (I happened to d/l it at her computer at one point too).

edited for grammar
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 02:15:44 pm by chief1983 »
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté

oho?.. got a shot of el hirsute Sathanas?
   //Warning\\

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
There are a couple in this thread from this post onwards.

Also, good to see you around again Turnsky. :D
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I FREAKING WANT THOSE!!!