Author Topic: Would this be bad. Well i see pics that are far bigger  (Read 2013 times)

Offline DTP

• ImPortant Coder
    • http://www.c4-group.dk
Would this be bad. Well i see pics that are far bigger

VBB member; reg aug 1999; total posts 600.
War is a lion, on whos back you fall, never to get up.
Think big. Invade Space.

It would be better if all the frames had the same sized background.

It did take a little long to download too.
Phil.
  Trust In Me &
  Fall As-well

Offline DTP

• ImPortant Coder
    • http://www.c4-group.dk
well i better clarify. it is just a demonstration of how i would like to present my models. I know alot of you are on 56ks.

The camera is moving in and out to see how it would affect GIF file size. this one is i think 385 Kb big with 32 colours. not 32 bit colors  .
VBB member; reg aug 1999; total posts 600.
War is a lion, on whos back you fall, never to get up.
Think big. Invade Space.

Well, I'm on a 56k, and it worked fine for me! No objections from this corner.  

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
I really dont like how its moving, usually just a spinning model on a xy axis works for me, and im on 2line-isdn here
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by vadar_1:
I really dont like how its moving, usually just a spinning model on a xy axis works for me, and im on 2line-isdn here

Agreed, I'm getting a little motion sickness here  

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
Make it spin, make it spin!
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by LAW ENFORCER:
Make it spin, make it spin!

Nahh - this way is way cooler - you can see the bottom as well as the top - I think it's an awesome way to present a model! Kudos!  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

Know how to use Rhino3D? Want to put your ships into Freespace 2? You've come to the right place!

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I love it! now if only we can integrate Metastream...

------------------
"An evil mind is a constant comfort."
Revisit the Great War at http://www.angelfire.com/games4/freespace/
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Wildlife

• Dark Agent
    • s00n
that is an excellant way to present a model.
pictrues can be so deceptive, and with this u see eveerything  
excellant  

and btw i'm on a 56 k  
Nag..Nag Bloody NAG!!

Texture Artist for The Babylon Project

Texture Artist for  Dark Alliance

Texture Artist for Alternate Paths

Texture Artist for  The 158th

Texture Artist for  Over The Top