Author Topic: HTL Sobek  (Read 34884 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
This no longer looks like it would comfortably stimulate my prostate  :(

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?

I... Uh... Have no idea how to take that.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business

Would some beam fire help?
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Luis Dias

Would some beam fire help?

I'd guess that it will depend from exactly what spot.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
HTL = Harder To Lube

Offline Luis Dias

Hey AB, rule 34. And that includes your own posted pic ;)...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This model and textures are briliant :yes:, can't wait to see it in a battle against the Shivans :D. I think it needs a few white windows from the retail Sobek.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
This model and textures are briliant :yes:, can't wait to see it in a battle against the Shivans :D. I think it needs a few white windows from the retail Sobek.
That's a good point. There should be white windows between the neck and that pink collar. It's worth noting that the center of that area is the navigation subsystem. 

Also, I can't see what you have in the nose - were you planning on destroyable sensors like the Hatshepsut? The original has glowing white symbols, which I can only assume to be Vasudan writing.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Luis Dias

Just a small issue. The pink glow at the front is slightly under detailed. Ifyou increased the number of omni lights defining it would be great. As it is, it is easy to even count the number that you used... Additionally you could make a gradient... Just a thought.

Cant wait to use it ingame!!! :)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The number of lights matches the number of windows on that greeble. (Hard to see in the screenshots.)
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Luis Dias

That makes sense then. What I don't understand is how it bleeds over the surface where it shouldn't be lighted at all (1st render). Idk how he mapped the lights, if he did so in 3dsmax he has perhaps misplaced the omni lights to be above that surface... perhaps changing their nature from omni to directed and making smth in the order of 180º to not light the part above.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Yeah, it was just a light placement error on my behalf... too high up! Will be fixed when I re-export with the new turrets.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
This is what FreeSpace should have looked like from the very beginning.

That is, if our computers were capable of handling this sheer ****ing awesomeness.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Lester

Great modelling work, even better texture work. :nod: The textures really bring out the details of the model, even vice versa in some cases. And the purple glows make for some good contrast. It's verily awesome.

I do have a minor nitpick, though; those two strokes of dark brown connecting the front engines with the nose arc. I feel it's unnecessarily breaking up the dominant surface of the light-grey scales, it even looks like it has eyes up on the front. I've highlighted the areas involved in the pic in the attachment if you have any doubts.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
I'll give it go, see how it looks.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Just a quick video:

http://youtu.be/tyZVu3lXBTA?hd=1

No, I have not changed the shines or turrets or anything since those screen shots in this video. When those are all final, I will likely just release.

Offline Sololop

Nothing better than destroying your own work, Eh?