Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 279944 times)

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
https://youtu.be/V7RCKI54q6M

here a Video of all new german BB. Interessting - the Premium Scharnhorst had the guns in the War - 3 x 3 28cm Guns. The Gneisenau has the Update they never taken - 3 x 2 38cm guns from the Bismarck.
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Yeah see the "stock" Kaiser class is a projected post war refit.  Even the Konig has some weird conning tower going on and capped funnels.  Funny enough the Bayern at Tier VI actually is in her WWI fit while the previous two tiers are not.

Not a huge fan of their interpretation of the H series though with a coat of Tanz camo I might change my mind.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
I'm really looking forward to Dunkerque going on sale. It may even be reasonably priced at T6.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Dunkerque is sexy-smexy, my wallet might be tempted by her quadruple turrets.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
My Collection of Warships are quite well. In Germany we have the "Kriegssschife-Sammlung". Every month 2 new ships. All in the size 1:1250.

Already done is my WW2 - Kriegsmarine

Just put the Submarine 1000 times and the destroyers Z1 4 times and the other 2 15 times.

The Imperial German Navy - Hochseeflotte from WW1 is not complete but here

I get only 1 ship for the Kaiser class - Friedrich der Große, the flagship. But from the weapons and all the Moltke is near to the Kaiser too.

From other countrys the Collection has atm only the Missouri, Hood, Yamato, Essex and Illustrious

Essex vs. Graf Zeppelin vs. Illustrious

Hood vs. Yamato

Star Citizen No. 250

Offline crizza

And here I had hoped, that apart of the Bismarck, they would give the german high tier BBs torps :D

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I think I'm finally getting the hang of this ship....

If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline crizza

Tell me, if you wanna run a division :D

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Tell me, if you wanna run a division :D

I would, but I am on the US server and not really inclined to start a new account on the EU one.

Offline crizza

Realized this just now, so it's ok.

I'm really starting to regret having spent so much time to grind IJN DDs up to tier 10. Even more so as this is the only line where I got above tier 8. I mean after all the nerfs I rarely hit any torpedo and usually there are so many gunboats on the sea, or worse a CV, that I'm often among the first to die. I even went back to use the slower 20km torpedoes cause with them there I have at least a chance to hit some unsuspecting BB or CA in the back.
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

Not bad Ogni... not bad.

I almost feel sorry about switching u for the Kiev, but that was the plan all along.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

Goodbye Ogni, I'll always remmember you fondly.
el hombre vicio...

Nice win!

In other news, I've just purchased a Nagato, and haven't won a single PvP battle in it yet. Is there something about it obvious that I'm missing?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I struggle with it too. It's that bloody tier VII curse. Against tier VIII and IX bbs you will just melt away, try avoiding confrontation with those.
Also, I tend to get too far away from my team with it, seems it's quite agile for a bb, even if it's not immediately apparent.

Don't quote me on that thou. I'm not a stellar bb player.. I prefer rof over alpha all day long.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
How do you play the Ognevoi properly?
I was doing pretty ok in the Gnevny, but now I'm having a terribad time in the Ognevoi. Is there a different playstyle required or do I just suck in it?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I've finally managed to acquire the ship I always wanted since starting the US BB line: The Iowa.

Now to figure out how to be actually good with it.

Offline crizza

Iowa is a beast.
She is rather fast, her guns are capable and with the B hull her AA becomes good.
I currently have a win ratio of 57.88 with her, but I tend to end up brawling with her way to often.
And trust me, against cruisers it can work but don't repeat my cardinal mistake: Never try to WASD a lone DD at close range with her :D

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The Ogny is better than the Gnevy. It's guns turn so much quicker, use that to your advantage.

Just pray on other dds and lightly armored cruisers.
Get close, to at least 8-9k from dds and 10k-11k from cruisers and then turn to escape, once you are in retreat position just fire away and keep wiggling that butt like your salary depended on it!

At 10k or more, EVERY - SINGLE - SHOT will probably miss. You just need to get the timing right, a few games will give you the practice you need.

Also, try avoiding being the only target, or engaging large quantities of cruisers together. Getting focused will get you killed fast with that strategy.

That said, it's a risky but rewarding way of playing. While focused, the enemy gets to waste shots on you, you get to NOT ONLY inflict damage, but also soak some that would undoubtedly go to your teammates.

And OH BOY. The kiev is just glorious. Even with a 50% commander I'm already feeling the upgrade from the Ogny... that third turret is all I was hoping it was gonna be.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 09:32:52 am by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...