Author Topic: SD Demon  (Read 33939 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I like that cool little alien on the dorsal with the red eyes.

You mean that alien with red eyes, upraised arms and slightly...displaced boobs? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

(Just my opinion, but for me, red eyes and mammaries don't mix. :ick: )
It gives the Sacred Keeper's line from Age of Aquarius just as the Sathanas is about to arrive entirely new depth.  :lol:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
I like that cool little alien on the dorsal with the red eyes.

You mean that alien with red eyes, upraised arms and slightly...displaced boobs? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

(Just my opinion, but for me, red eyes and mammaries don't mix. :ick: )
It gives the Sacred Keeper's line from Age of Aquarius just as the Sathanas is about to arrive entirely new depth.  :lol:

I haven't played through any of Blue Planet yet, so I don't know that line.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Texturing style: Oddgrim 2.0

:yes: :yes: :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
\o/
Moar pragrushh

Some minor mesh changes, but middle shell occupies most of my time.Perhaps 2/3 done detailing.
Hardly done anything with the back end and underside. Those are a separate texturemap . (other then some quick speculative paints which is gonna change)
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Such awesomeness :eek:

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
looks amazing :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Dude.

I love you!

Did you know?

Well... Now you certainly know :]. Plz, marry me!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline AV8R

Dude, if you finish this (oops, I meant when you finish this), it will be like the Chicago Cubs finally winning the World Series after more than a century - there will be dancing in the streets!  :nod:

Dude, if you finish this (oops, I meant when you finish this), it will be like the Chicago Cubs finally winning the World Series after more than a century - there will be dancing in the streets!  :nod:
underestimation~

Offline 5thAce

This is looking really good! Not to rush you or anything but any idea as to how much longer it may take? I'm looking to 3d print this Demon to go along with my Orion and Typhon.

In what has been an incredibly %@#'ed week for America, this has been one of the only things that has made me smile. Thanks Odd.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I presume the biomechanical alien football referee with the displaced boobs is still there? :D :D :D
Rekt

Looks like Oddgrim advanced on next level. Not only he include faces in his textures, but now also half-complete entities.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
This is incredible work. The attention to detail on the model is simply breathtaking. For example the cheek LReds have depth, you can look into them Deathstar style. I have recently been binging my way through the Homeworld franchise, starting with Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak and then Homeworld Remastered. This looks better than any of the models in those games. And you are doing it for free.

There is a reason why almost all of my favourite games are actually mods or heavily modded. OCD levels of attention to detail with unbridaled perfectionism are just two of them :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The Demon is one of the most iconic FreeSpace designs. It seems rather straightforward and stereotyped in the way it looks but it features most, if not all, of the peculiar Shivan characteristics.

Also, great job for giving its fighterbay the importance it deserves. The Demon probably wasn't an assault destroyer just like the Ravana was, but it definitely had some more carrier-like capacities. No convoy would be safe in a star system with one or two Demons roaming around.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
The Demon is one of the most iconic FreeSpace designs. It seems rather straightforward and stereotyped in the way it looks but it features most, if not all, of the peculiar Shivan characteristics.

When you mentioned that the Demon has "most, if not all, Shivan design characteristics," I immediately thought, "wait, the Demon is a symmetrical ship and the Shivans have a penchant for asymmetrical designs," after which I realized that most Shivan ships, with noteworthy exceptions like the Nephilim bomber and the Ravana destroyer, are in fact symmetrical.

Also, great job for giving its fighterbay the importance it deserves. The Demon probably wasn't an assault destroyer just like the Ravana was, but it definitely had some more carrier-like capacities. No convoy would be safe in a star system with one or two Demons roaming around.[/color]

I remember the Blue Planet tech descriptions specifically describing the Ravana as a "strike destroyer" and the Demon as a "line destroyer," and those particular terms seem quite apt to me. I'm playing through Act 2 of Derelict right now where the Nyarlathotep is indeed accompanied by both a Ravana and a Demon and I was reminded of the different, but still devastating, roles of both destroyers. In FS1, having both the Lucifer and the Demon-class Eva in the same system was a big Oh Crap! moment for the Terrans and Vasudans; having those two and a Ravana in one place? "Yeah, we're screwed."

The Order of the Stick

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
This is looking really good! Not to rush you or anything but any idea as to how much longer it may take? I'm looking to 3d print this Demon to go along with my Orion and Typhon.

Demon textures are now 90% complete. So not too far away I hope.

This is incredible work. The attention to detail on the model is simply breathtaking. For example the cheek LReds have depth, you can look into them Deathstar style. I have recently been binging my way through the Homeworld franchise, starting with Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak and then Homeworld Remastered. This looks better than any of the models in those games. And you are doing it for free.

There is a reason why almost all of my favourite games are actually mods or heavily modded. OCD levels of attention to detail with unbridaled perfectionism are just two of them :-)

Happy that you liked it. c:
lol yeah kind of gets obsessed with a project when I get started...  :nervous:

I presume the biomechanical alien football referee with the displaced boobs is still there? :D :D :D
Rekt

Looks like Oddgrim advanced on next level. Not only he include faces in his textures, but now also half-complete entities.

Yes :p

Also, great job for giving its fighterbay the importance it deserves. The Demon probably wasn't an assault destroyer just like the Ravana was, but it definitely had some more carrier-like capacities. No convoy would be safe in a star system with one or two Demons roaming around.

Agreed, with everything said. The fighterbay in the retail model goes a fair bit inside the hull I merely added an extra room.   ;)

A quick render of the vessel:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:11:27 pm by Oddgrim »
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim