Author Topic: "Wow, North Korea's a lot larger than South Korea!"  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
"Wow, North Korea's a lot larger than South Korea!"
The latest from the guys at CNNNN...

http://media.putfile.com/usa-invade

http://www.wimp.com/invading/

Both links are the same just different hosts.

WARNING: Contains some swearing and many stupid people.

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
so you live in north korea now?

otoh, I couldn't point out that many us states either...
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Yeah but in fairness there's a difference between states and countries. I mean someone mistook australia for France! France! Its gotta be one of the most commonly known countries in the world.

Not to say that you couldn't find people like that all over the world. I shudder to think what they could come up with if they did the same in Ballymun or sherriff st in Dublin. If they survived that is.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
A tip for you America. You shouldn't be invading countries you can't find on a map :)

It does show the stupidity of some people though. If you can't find a country on a map what on Earth makes you qualified to talk about foreign policy relating to it?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Or can't spell.

"I.......r....a......?  I can't decide!"

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
I can't view the video. Firefox wants me to download some plugin, but I have all the plugins AFAIK (quicktime, realplayer, etc). It also fails to find one when I click "download plugin". :doubt: Can someone tell me what I need to be able to view this?
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
windows media player?
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
:lol:

Was this staged or for real?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I expect it's real, but you have to take into consideration that they would have only actually included the really stupid ones.

Was both funny and disturbing the first time I saw it (about a year ago)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Italy ?  Italy ?!?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Stupid people are teh suck.  I really like the one guy who was rattling off about 30 different countries :lol:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
/me laughs that not a single one of them realized it was Australia with a different name...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Originally posted by Rand al'Thor
Yeah but in fairness there's a difference between states and countries. I mean someone mistook australia for France! France! Its gotta be one of the most commonly known countries in the world.

Not to say that you couldn't find people like that all over the world. I shudder to think what they could come up with if they did the same in Ballymun or sherriff st in Dublin. If they survived that is.

Your equivalence argument fails miserably hahahaha

edit:
Sweden is pretty :cool:
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 01:07:28 pm by 1621 »
lol wtf

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
Sweden scored highest

good.
- Ambrose Bierce
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Please tell me that's not real...
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
BWAHAHAHAHAA STOOOPEEED MERCANS>111!!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Originally posted by karajorma
A tip for you America. You shouldn't be invading countries you can't find on a map :)

It does show the stupidity of some people though. If you can't find a country on a map what on Earth makes you qualified to talk about foreign policy relating to it?

I'll take the bait. Somehow, I don't think some schmuck in a video is representative of the US government or US military, or their knowledge of global geography.
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I know but the point I was making is that if you can't find a country on a map it's an indication that you don't know anything about it and therefore shouldn't be making any kind of political comments about it.

These morons should have just said "I don't know" and gone on their merry way.

As for what's representative of the US government I'd bet that Dan Quayle would fail the same test and he was Vice President once. Bush has probably had those countries pointed out to him too many time to fail but he probably would have before he became president.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Janos: I was pretty sure there would be a higher percentage of idiots in america but I thought the gap would be bigger.

What amazes me is that America essentially has an almost third-world level population in terms of education. That really doesn't carry over into explaining its dominance. Obviously in other continents, specifically Europe where differences between countries and the previous devastation from WW1 & 2, there are issues that cause problems when competing with the US, but you have to wonder how much is due to outright suppression of growth by the US itself. (Not leveling this as an insult or attack, any country would do the same).

And yeah Sweden is pretty. Just like their women.

I wanna go back.......
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
In defense of the country (Wow, you might want to bookmark this) there are a number of people who know what they want to do, and it doesn't involve geographical knowledge (eg car mechanic) in a very significant way. They aren't terribly interested in it, either, so they just go on their merry way.

At the same time, there might be some psychology at work here. Since it's so easy to get around to different places in the world, it's no more of a major achievment than owning a big house and a fancy sports car.

Now I know there are a number of people who will throw a hissy fit over them being willfully ignorant, but I'm not convinced it's totally bad. Maybe they're happier that way, and if they aren't participating, they aren't making an impact on decisions either way.

Besides, if more people like that voted, they'd probably vote for Bush. Fear of the unknown is a powerful motivator, which is what Bush has consistently based his platform on. Add in a bit of idealism and you've got a nice blend to convince an uninformed public that you're doing the right thing.
-C