Author Topic: HTL Boadicea?  (Read 4891 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Two years ago, I saw some pictures of some of the new HTL models posted in the Celebration of FS thread.  One of them was an HTL Boadicea.  Is it still being worked on? Is it finished? Is it going to be included in the next MediaVPs release?

Sorry to nag, but I haven't seen a WIP thread or a status update in the current assets thread, so here's a little reminder. :p
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
we have it. it requires a similar amount of work as the Arcadia did... no one is currently working on it though.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Is this model still available somewhere?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Most likely stored somewhere on the FSU svn, like all other WIPs.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yes, we have it on the FSU SVN. The model needs a crapton of welding and cleaning. It needs to be optimized and all the pieces joined together. It needs turrets and other subsystems created as well.

Then it'll need UVs and a texture.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Is that only the Boadicea, or did Ragingloli also model a HTL Iceni to match? Anyway, I understand the model isn't exactly high priority (what with it appearing in one mission), but it'd be nice to have. Also, what's wrong with the current texture?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Any textures you saw were done in the 3D app via materials. The mesh isn't even finished, much less UV'd.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Is it possible to convert such texture into an UVmap (I suspect it's not, and that this question screams "somebody who doesn't have a clue about mapping" :))? I'm no modeler, but in the end, you see a texture applied onto a mesh in both cases.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
it might be possible to bake them to a map.. but first the model needs to be finished, like I keep freaking saying. Textures the last step. FAR FAR down the road. The model is in pieces. Verts need to be welded all over the place. The whole thing needs to be consolidated into a single mesh with a few detail boxes if necessary.

THEN is when someone might consider baking the current "texture" (because it's not even a complete set of maps) to a diffuse and hope that gives decent enough UV results to texture it from there.

As it stands now, please don't ask anymore "how can we finish it asap"-like questions unless you truely understood what I just said. It needs a lot of work, and there really isn't anyway to finish it quickly. If someone gets around to it before the next release, then it will be in it. However, it is much more likely it will be in the release after that.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Well, I asked that more to learn something about mapping. It is true that I had no clue about mapping (now I at least have one :)). That, and I rather like the current "texture".
As I said, I know it's a low priority model and that it isn't in a very good state..

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Don't get attached to it's current "texture" because it is extremely likely the look will change.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Hey diddle diddle.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:44:35 pm by Rga_Noris »
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Hey diddle diddle.
I'm not a modeller and I was just thinking of using it as... something different than original Boadicea, but now when I know about bad state pf that model, I'll find a replacement.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.