Author Topic: IRC channel established  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Inquisitor

IRC channel established
We had our first dev meeting on Saturday on the maxgaming.net  IRC servers (it's actually part of a larger network).

for those who missed it, and for future reference, you can access this channel at www.maxgaming.net:6667 using mIRC or by clicking in http://www.shatteredstar.com/irc/index.html

The channel is #fs2source, so, till we get the site up, just join via that web app and type /join #fs2source to get into the right room. I'll supply a preconfigured web app to Thunder for the "official" site. Stay tuned for linkage.

This server has a couple of advantages for those who want to work seriously on this:

1) I am an operator, so we can get stuff done quickly ;)
2) Garagegames.com official channel for Torque developers is there, great group of developers, I see lots of oppurtunity to learn from each other.
3) It's moderated, so random disturbances can be minimized.
4) Since I am an operator, I am always there, so it's convenient ;)

It's got a bot, so, you can type .seen EdGardner-MGT to see when and where any user was (myself in this example). Don't abuse the bot, and watch the profanity, and don't talk warez. Also, try to be nice to MGO or MGT staffers, we try and run a clean shop.

When I give Thunder the web app, I think I'll add the HLP channel and server to it, so people can go where they will :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 10:01:44 am by 122 »
No signature.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
IRC channel established
Great! And I've got the groundwork of the beta website done (minus the news script but we can add that manually for the time being - the good old way ;)) Chuck me said applications with instructions on what you need from me (I'm an mIRC n00b!). I'll see to it as a top priority.

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
IRC channel established
Originally posted by Thunder
Great! And I've got the groundwork of the beta website done (minus the news script but we can add that manually for the time being - the good old way ;))

Oh comon it takes <30 mins to set up newspro or something similar :p

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
IRC channel established
And I've got no idea how to go about that - I didn't do it the first time. Stop complaining, contrary to popular belief I'm still in the busy stage of my life :)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
IRC channel established
we should use a major network like dal.net so we don't have to have extra IRC clients open just to connect to one channel
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Inquisitor

IRC channel established
No. No Dalnet. There are a few reasons why this makes sense, not the least of which is I own one of the servers in the network.

Lots of developers hang out there. Garagegames.com uses it for the majority of their developers, it's reasonably stable, we have a channel bot, so the channel is always on, they have real people, always on, moderating the server.

It's very "new to IRC" friendly, and very unlikely that we will get interrupted, but sufficiently public to get some attention now and then.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2002, 08:42:16 pm by 122 »
No signature.