Author Topic: RELEASE: Ghosts of Valor  (Read 18228 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: RELEASE: Ghosts of Valor
Scotty is a she? Oooh god. That's awkward.

you right we can fix it

still 2 left

files i mean

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
3.6.13r returns 238 errors, but none of them are fatal, so the mod does run.

I haven't really "played it," but rather took a peep at some of the missions through the simulator room, and it looks crazy, very crazy. First, the campaign is 60(!) missions long. There's a primary called Swordfish, which near-instakills fighters. It eats my energy reserves very quickly and it takes quite some time to recharge.

I also saw very high speeds for fighters. I fired up a mission in which I flew a (very dark) Pegasus, and my top speed was 130, 260 with afterburners, and I also flew a mission where I had to pilot a Shivan recon fighter of sorts with a 300 top speed and a 1000+ velocity with afterburners. I didn't see what the afterburner max speed was, because I ran out of fuel sooner than I could max it out. Sounds like fun. Too bad I died before I could approach anything with it.

I died in every mission I flew (as a fighter) due to SReds targeting me, and enemy fighters also wield the Swordfish.

I see there are some missions where you fly a Ravana, but you can't do anything else but turn. I had a (hostile) Sathanas in front of me, and my LReds were firing at it constantly. There were some fighters attacking me, so the screen flashed all the time.

Weird mod.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:10:08 am by TopAce »
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Veers

I also saw very high speeds for fighters. I fired up a mission in which I flew a (very dark) Pegasus, and my top speed was 130, 260 with afterburners, and I also flew a mission where I had to pilot a Shivan recon fighter of sorts with a 300 top speed and a 1000+ velocity with afterburners. I didn't see what the afterburner max speed was, because I ran out of fuel sooner than I could max it out. Sounds like fun. Too bad I died before I could approach anything with it.

Weird mod.

My kind of mod :D
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I feel like trying it out now. :D

guys i know how to fix it using fs2open version 3.6.9
and than launch it

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That's .... not a fix. That just hides errors behind the crappiness that is 3.6.9.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
3.6.13r returns 238 errors, but none of them are fatal, so the mod does run.

I haven't really "played it," but rather took a peep at some of the missions through the simulator room, and it looks crazy, very crazy. First, the campaign is 60(!) missions long. There's a primary called Swordfish, which near-instakills fighters. It eats my energy reserves very quickly and it takes quite some time to recharge.

I died in every mission I flew (as a fighter) due to SReds targeting me, and enemy fighters also wield the Swordfish.

I see there are some missions where you fly a Ravana, but you can't do anything else but turn. I had a (hostile) Sathanas in front of me, and my LReds were firing at it constantly. There were some fighters attacking me, so the screen flashed all the time.

Weird mod.

I wanna LP this :D

(Welcome from Germany!)
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
First mission after the training is done has given me the verdict that it is unplayable, 40 minutes of waiting after doing what the Directives said and nothing happens.

now theres no errors in 3.6.9

i tryed works well

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
That's good, but it should run without error messages on (minimally) 3.6.12. official. Ideally, the most recent nightly should be the standard.

These are the two builds that HLP uses the most (I have no numbers to support this claim, but it's a well-founded guess).
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

ok but thats why you requierd version 3.6.9
ok

Offline Veers

Just making note, it does say in the VP read me file and previously in this thread.

That GoV is a retail campaign

Just incase noone had read a little bit futher back.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Tinman

• Released: WCS mini campaign
My amount of  transfer is limited so I disabled the links. Please can one of the downloaders upload it to freespacemods.net?

Thanks!

as the files are 350 mb big, you'll have to talk to swantz!

yes i know

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Tried it on the Retail .exe, since you know, this is a Retail campaign.
First mission after the training missions (Again, problems with the first mission yet again) crashes just before the transports dock.
So I can either play it on Open without crashing but never complete the mission unless I use the 'Mark all objectives as complete' cheat, or play it on Retail and have it crash before I can ever finish it.
This campaign is quickly making its way to beating Relentless as the worst campaign ever put together, it's literally (Very) unplayable, though that really shouldn't be a factor in rating the entirety of a campaign but it's really difficult to rate it when you can't even try it.

YES BUT I ASK THE RESTRICTION TO UPDATE THIS CAMAIGN