Author Topic: Babylon 4  (Read 3089 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Just loaded up B4 to do some LODs and debris.  Seems it was never finished.  Has no subsystems, no weapons.  So other then the wiki and a few pics does anyone have detailed specs on it?  It definitely has a defense grid and weapons are shown in the series pics. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Slasher

Wow, I wonder how that got overlooked.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Wow, I wonder how that got overlooked.

It wasn't ... "no one will ever use it ingame" was a strong argument...
Glad FUBAR is beyond that...

Just loaded up B4 to do some LODs and debris.  Seems it was never finished.  Has no subsystems, no weapons.  

Isn't there a problem - since LOD0 is two rotating subobjects and you can't add turrets there?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:50:18 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
It wasn't overlooked... the question is why it was included in a release. I made that POF as a quick demonstration to show off Mavericks model when he left, it was never intended for the public.

The big question is where to put turrets... as orpheus stated correctly, turrets on rotating subsystems don't work, or rather the firing points don't rotate with the submodel.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
On the stationary parts just like with b5.  One of the pics I looked at (taken right off of TV) showed what looked like turrets between the big arms that are stationary. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
  • Don't get mad, consequences are revenging you.
I hope someday you can complete the B4 model, if you don't make a campaign, I'd love to see it available to experiment with it, is a beautiful station, I like it better than B5.