Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 240392 times)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
You can sell asstons of paper to the librarian an Sandwich's mob farm and he'll happily give you as many emeralds as you desire. Trust me, there is *no* shortage of cane at that place, thanks to the many cane farms there.

Only real disappointing thing about that mob farm is that the blacksmith is sold out of diamond picks :( Will need to breed a new one at some point, I guess.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
So did they tweak the trading system again so that particular trades don't disappear after a while, then?  That was always one of the bummers about it: even if you found a good deal, it'd only last a few trades before it vanished.

Also, in case anyone feels like seeing my (utter lack of) progress the old-fashioned way, I hooked my Nether portal up to the walkway system Z was working on.  The portal's currently in a depression inside my fortress walls, so it should theoretically be mob-free at night.

Where are all these griefers even coming from? You seem to be having so much trouble with them that a whitelist would be worth implementing.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Where are all these griefers even coming from? You seem to be having so much trouble with them that a whitelist would be worth implementing.

One. One griefer. And they didn't grief, they stole.

Whitelist is not an option. It never is for a server built the way the Vert one is. Normally I'd simply rollback whatever happened, but they both managed to not report it until over two months after it happened. Prism, for the sake of keeping my SQL server sane, purges data over 8 weeks old. Thus I had to help them manually.

You can sell asstons of paper to the librarian an Sandwich's mob farm and he'll happily give you as many emeralds as you desire. Trust me, there is *no* shortage of cane at that place, thanks to the many cane farms there.

Only real disappointing thing about that mob farm is that the blacksmith is sold out of diamond picks :( Will need to breed a new one at some point, I guess.

You should be able to make him un-sold-out by using his other trades. But it'll take a while.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Seems like all of my gold and iron were also stolen. Everything that's actually of worth.

Is Sandwiches iron golem farm still operational? I may have to visit it to replenish my stock.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Seems like all of my gold and iron were also stolen. Everything that's actually of worth.

Is Sandwiches iron golem farm still operational? I may have to visit it to replenish my stock.

Yep, works just fine last time I grabbed some iron for rails. Gold farm just across from it also works, but is significantly slower. I'm actually thinking about making a gold farm in the nether to speed up powered rail production.
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Need a block reset and maybe entity re-pop at -308, 72, -566.

While waiting for the iron farm to do its thing, I decided to take a crack at the malfunctioning cow grinder there. I failed. :sigh:

The grinder doesn't really work because the adult cows are now 1.5 blocks tall with child cows being somewhere less than 1 block. Also, the piston there used to push them into the ceiling doesn't work, as they just warp through the piston's platform and get pushed out.

I'll try making a version of it on my offline lab and see if I can come up with a version using a sticky piston that isn't so invasive.

Edit: I put it back together to the best of my memory, found one cow wandering about so I stuck it in the water pit.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:13:23 pm by z64555 »
chief1983

------------

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Need a block reset and maybe entity re-pop at -308, 72, -566.

While waiting for the iron farm to do its thing, I decided to take a crack at the malfunctioning cow grinder there. I failed. :sigh:

The grinder doesn't really work because the adult cows are now 1.5 blocks tall with child cows being somewhere less than 1 block. Also, the piston there used to push them into the ceiling doesn't work, as they just warp through the piston's platform and get pushed out.

I'll try making a version of it on my offline lab and see if I can come up with a version using a sticky piston that isn't so invasive.

Edit: I put it back together to the best of my memory, found one cow wandering about so I stuck it in the water pit.

Rolled back everything you did in the immediate vicinity. A bunch of cows are roaming free, but I had no idea how it was anyway.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Thanks much. :)

Sent Sandwich a PM about the thing to see what his thoughts about them are.
chief1983

------------

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I was hanging around the iron golem farm for half an hour. Looked around the grinder and everything seemed in working order. No golems were spawning tough.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I was hanging around the iron golem farm for half an hour. Looked around the grinder and everything seemed in working order. No golems were spawning tough.

Dito, may be that "Entity Cap" interfering.
chief1983

------------

Why don't sheep drop Mutton? The server is 1.8.1 is it not? That's what version I was using while playing today, but when I killed a bunch of my sheep I only got a bit of wool. I tried to set some on fire as well but it wouldn't work.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
1.8.1?

I played with 1.7.9.... :|

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Survival server allows 1.8.1, but has a script or some magic on it that makes it 1.7.9 compatible, meaning blocks, craft recipes, animal drops, etc. are all 1.7.9.
chief1983

------------

Yup, I expanded the cane fields greatly for ease of use and less need for patience. :D
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

That explains why enchanting isn't using any Lapis.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Found Whitesands Village and its inhabitants are A-OK. Aside from the fact that zombies and other hostile mobs spawn somewhere on top of the church, they're pretty safe. IronGolem decided to take a swim in the pool.

Also found a village that has a Church of Bottles, Axem's Place, and Headdie's Experiment.

I jotted down their coords, so I'll get to work on connecting them to the nether highway. Both regions are practically over the lava sea, so its run of the highway will be a boring old cobble bridge.
chief1983

------------

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Found Whitesands Village and its inhabitants are A-OK. Aside from the fact that zombies and other hostile mobs spawn somewhere on top of the church, they're pretty safe. IronGolem decided to take a swim in the pool.
Whitesands was an old project of mine. Turns out villagers can't navigate that well around water, but there's apparently no real problems with that. I *am* surprised to hear of mobs spawning within its boundaries at all, but if nobody's been eaten yet....
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The old spawn, wit hall the teleporter pads...since it's useless it just sits there. Anyone thought of re-purposing it?

there's already a rail and road there. So why not turn the pads into simple houses?
Make a community village there?

My plan it to expand and build village houses in that direction aynway, so it would be nice if it connected with a nice little town.

Thoughts?

*NOTE*
accepting some rarer building materials (rarer for me, as I don't have much)
- gravel
- netherbrick
- dark(er) wood

The old spawn, wit hall the teleporter pads...since it's useless it just sits there. Anyone thought of re-purposing it?

there's already a rail and road there. So why not turn the pads into simple houses?
Make a community village there?

My plan it to expand and build village houses in that direction aynway, so it would be nice if it connected with a nice little town.

Thoughts?

*NOTE*
accepting some rarer building materials (rarer for me, as I don't have much)
- gravel
- netherbrick
- dark(er) wood

I went to "D'Castle" and created a chest outside of your storage room.
It contains 64 Spruce Saplings and the rest is gravel (52 full stacks + 1 partial)

Might not be the best place to put the chest but figure you can move it if necessary.  Don't have netherbrick and am in constant need of the wood I'm chopping down so can't spare the other materials.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:15:24 am by Akalabeth Angel »