Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175644 times)

Offline Boomer

Ha, I just wanted the 500th post.
Viva la UBERBOMB!

"I have no gods, only questions." -Me

A man once came to me and asked me to express a profound thought.  I told him.....<Static>...

Look on the bright side, it looks absolutely nothing like a penis.-Turambar

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Worthless "bump" of the sticky thread already at the top of the forum.  Nevermind that you're not the 500th post, but actually the 501st.  Now whoever clicks on "last page" doesn't get the last meaningful conversation; he gets this.

Find yee spam-posts elsewhere, or ye'll walk the plank!  :arr:
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline swag_w

hey guys,
total newbie here. i was wondering if this message i get is the same as the max users error or becuse im just behine a very restrictive firewall, im using wsftp. im a big fan of wing commander and heard and read that this game kicks ass. i would very much like to check it out. i was also wondering if theres an iso in ur ftp server?

connecting to 65.94.85.104:5959
Connected to 65.94.85.104 port 5959
220 Welcome to fractux's FTP service.
USER anonymous
331 Please specify the password.
PASS (hidden)
230 Login successful.
CWD /
250 Directory successfully changed.
PWD
257 "/"
Host type (I): UNIX (standard)
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,4,27,65)
connecting to 192.168.0.4:6977
- -
connecting to 192.168.0.4:6977
! Connection failed 192.168.0.4 - connection timed out
! connect: error 0
PORT 10,40,50,67,13,192
500 Illegal PORT command.
! Failed "port":
! Retrieve of folder listing failed (0)

thanks a lot in advance

Offline Fractux

Hey Worm,

I have to clean up some of the files on the FTP server. I'm just going to put a simple txt listing that you can click on and read.

Cheers!
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline Fractux

The text file will be posted as a hyperlink. You won't have to connect to the server to grab it, as that would defeat the purpose of it :)

I'll post it once I have time to clean up the files. Probably by tonight.

Offline Fractux

Just posted the link on the first page.

Hello everyone,

Like my friend Swag_w a few posts up, I'm getting the same problem with my FTP.  Does this mean the slots are full or is there another problem?  In the meantime I'm using eMule to get some of the files, even though I feel I'd get them faster with the FTP.  Either way, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Update: Well I'm getting my files so far from eMule, but I got another problem:

Single-player works fine, but when I try to host a multiplayer LAN game, or any multiplayer game in that matter, it says, "You need 1 CD for every 4 players!"  Is there a no-cd crack that will take care of this?  Keep in mind I'm only running so far on the basic files (that you download from HotU), with the properly installed sparky_fs2.vp and sparky_hi_fs2.vp files, including using the HotUv1.2Pack.  Anything I'm missing?  Do I need the other VP files to be able to get passed this problem?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 12:16:52 pm by 2940 »

Well thanks for the help everyone :wtf:   Anyway I got the whole game now, thanks to the eMule links.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sorry about that. Missed this post (mainly cause you edited rather than posting again) and everyone else probably waited for me to respond seeing as the problem is with my crack pack.

Quite frankly I've not tried using the exe from the crack pack to play multiplayer so I've got no idea why it's not working. You could try using FS2_Open (From the Source Code Project forum) or if it doesn't work for you you could also try this exe.

If you want to play multi my FAQ online (or even on a LAN) my FAQ has an explaination in case you get stuck.

:welcome:

Sorry our service wasn't up to our usual standards :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Is the FTP down? BitTorrent has always been abhorently slow for me and I'm looking for an alternate method to download these files.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
E-mule? Why is bitTorrent so slow for you?

I might be talked into a release on Usenet.

If you could put it on usenet that would be... amazing.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'll just have to figure out how to do it :) Never bothered posting binaries before.

Alt.binaries.test here I come :)

Hi

I'm a big fan of Freespace. I played Freespace 1 and I have Freespace 2 Colossus (but it's only a couple of missions:().
I just downloaded freespace 2 from hotu and tried to connect to this ftp serwer but couldn't because there were to many users.
I would like to know is there a torrent to this? I see that there are files on edonkey but I don't use it (bad memories). If anybody could post an alternative like where to find a torrent or another ftp serwer or something I would be glad.

Thanks and bye

P.S. Sorry for my bad English. I'm not native to it and make the most stupid mistakes.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If you want torrents click on my FAQ link below and check out the general questions page. I've got three different torrents linked to there so one of them should work.

By the way :welcome:

Offline Fractux

Seeing as there are other ways to get the FS2 data now, that are much quicker than the FTP, I was considering closing down the FTP server I'm currently hosting.

I will leave it for a few days before doing so. Then I can allocate the bandwidth elsewhere.

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome and those torrents.

Offline Ozzard

• http://www.ozzard.org
New torrent, as if there weren't enough
Originally posted by karajorma
If you want torrents click on my FAQ link below and check out the general questions page. I've got three different torrents linked to there so one of them should work.

Heh.  None did - a number of faults.  So I've set up my own.  Assuming I've done it right, you should be able to grab a torrent file at http://www.ozzard.org/FreeSpace2/all_fs2_vp_files.zip.torrent that references an Azureus-based tracker at http://tracker.ozzard.org:6969 (from which you can get the torrent if I've messed up the file on the Web site).

Note that the whole lot's hosted at the wrong end of my domestic ADSL, so my apologies for the slow downloads that will undoubtedly be experienced by the first few victims... uh... downloaders.  If you do download from it, please be kind to my bandwidth and keep sharing the file, even if you limit your own upload speed - thanks.

The Ozzard of Wiz

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Cheers. I'll add that to the list.

Little confused about the torrents not working though. I even tested then a couple of days before posting that and only one of them was down at the time.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions