Author Topic: Supcom FA  (Read 2557 times)

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Huh. That's....interesting, and I thought the AI's expansion bases might have something to do with the slowdown.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Detailed tl;dr for those who can't/won't read the thread I linked.

It seems expansion bases are the problem above and beyond any unit caps or any other factors. Essentially, for each expansion base, the AI creates a secondary AI called a "Build Manager". Build Managers are not removed from memory until every single engineer and factory associated with the expansion is stamped out, so if a damaged expansion is rebuilt, an additional Build Manager will be created on top of the previous one. Because Build Managers independently evaluate battlefield intel and adjust their production behavior accordingly, it shouldn't be hard to see why SupCom begins to rapidly slow past a certain point.

Solutions? First off, the makers of Sorian AI have taken great steps to quell a lot of memory waste associated with the traditional GPG AIs, but their optimizations still have limits and cannot address the Build Manager issues. Using Core Maximizer can potentially help, but I don't have solid intel regarding its effectiveness on Win7. Avoiding water-heavy maps seems to make the splintering Build Managers less wasteful. And the final, and probably most effective, solution is to clamp the number of expansion bases the AI can build. I hypothesize that limiting water expansions would have more effect than clamping land expansions.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I've got supcom and FA, never heard of FAF though....

Cyrano amphibi-stroyers ftw.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png