Author Topic: Soooo... about that donate button  (Read 820 times)

Soooo... about that donate button
It feels absolutely criminal to buy FS2 for 6 dollars and then download BP2 for free while paying money for a washed-out piece of trash by comparison commercial game.

I would like to donate some money to the developers of blue planet 2 because I can't say I'm buying this, even though I would totally have preferred to have bought the WiHR2 pack as a $10-15 expansion pack alongside the a good $30-$45 WiH and AOA

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Soooo... about that donate button
Well, the thing is, we (as the BP team) cannot take money for our work. Not "do not want to", although that is a part, but literally "can't". If we were to do this, we would violate the licensing of the FreeSpace Open engine (which can only be used for noncommercial purposes), and we would enter a tangled web of nightmarish issues surrounding the distribution of the money we would make, since most of the assets we're using have been donated to the community freely by a variety of people.

If you want to donate, I would recommend donating to the HLP hosting fund, since this benefits not only us, but everyone who is using this site.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns