Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 279723 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
You are in TTT right? How many rounds is this gonna be?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Yes, my ingame name is Dawn of the Poi Empire, playing carrier. It's a best of five, so we'll finish it in 3 games  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Watching the first game now, nice torpedo drop on the Tirpitz Bismarck there  :pimp:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:48:25 pm by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
hahaha, fun stream so far.

I took a break and promptly got bahleeted by AN OMAHA in the Pensacola.

Yes, an Omaha.

F************************************************************************************CK.

Edit: Welp, I think I should play a Pepsi with you guys in the future. You'll love my survival rate of less than 5 minutes in each match, or the very fact that even island humping I will usually get the short end of the stick. I don't claim to be a good player nor a bad one, but the Pensacola is the worst ship I've ever played and seems cursed. The 8-inch guns aren't in any way a blessing for an otherwise terrible ship that must take island humping into account.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:32:19 pm by AtomicClucker »
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Welp, its not going to end in 3 games it seems  :nervous:
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Rip
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
You put up a good fight, but in the last match the Fubukis messed up your team hard.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Rip

Sorry mate. Good fight. :yes:

Only caught that last game; the torpedo spam against your smoked BBs/CAs was real. I think you guys lost once that Atago swung around and started pushing gr0pah out of B.  :(
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Cheers.
I honestly thought we would get this ezypzy, so I'm pretty disappointed to be honest! But hey, **** happens, they played well.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
So..... is this something that's easy to get into now without spending hoards of money?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Sure.
Getting to higher tiers is kind of grinding from T8 onward but you never have to spend a dime.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Enioch

Premium time makes things easier and faster, but you can buy everything that provides an in-game advantage with in-game currency. So, as Spoon said, you don't have to spend a single real-world dime.

On another note, I unlocked the Yamato. She's amazing. But I find myself overextending and dying and very angry. Because if, say, those two BBs that are cowering two clicks behind me would just move up and contribute their firepower, I would still be alive. Or if that Khaba that is coasting 'round and 'round me would just use his bloody smoke after I specifically asked him to three times I would stay alive to nuke that Kurfurst and Amagi showing me broadsides, instead of being focus-nuked by the enemy team.

TL;DR: She's amazing, and she can take a beating. But, even though I want to take her forward and use that armour and 18.1 inchers at, say, 12-8km range, I can't because I get focused immediately, while my team discuss pie and cake. Must I snipe?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:59:07 pm by Enioch »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Keep a reasonable distance for the first 8-10 minutes, then bring her fat ass to the front and pepper your foes with a silly amount of secondaries and her massive **** you guns. Everybody loves to shoot at the yam, getting in close early almost always results in what you described. Because you can't count on your random team members to join you in the fray.
Her massive guns are actually kind of a disadvantage against cruisers, expect a lot of overpens at closer ranges. If the shots don't plunge, they just make small airholes.
I usually like to shoot at battleboats over cruisers with yammy, but then again I am a massive scrublord.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
I hear lots of scrub whine about Premium.... hate to tell them, premium doesn't mean ****. The grind is horrible regardless, but if you be patient, you find the right ships that make your day...

Speaking of day... Notser showed up in one of my games... and usually Youtubers ARE on the enemy team and I fall victim to their guns, torps, and planes with a vengeance. But he showed up in a Belfast and worked magic.

And Notser

Offline Enioch

Keep a reasonable distance for the first 8-10 minutes, then bring her fat ass to the front and pepper your foes with a silly amount of secondaries and her massive **** you guns. Everybody loves to shoot at the yam, getting in close early almost always results in what you described. Because you can't count on your random team members to join you in the fray.
Her massive guns are actually kind of a disadvantage against cruisers, expect a lot of overpens at closer ranges. If the shots don't plunge, they just make small airholes.
I usually like to shoot at battleboats over cruisers with yammy, but then again I am a massive scrublord.

Hmm. Tried it.

Rather better success. And then the entire team screams at you for not pushing in. It's maddening. The entitlement and all. Urgh.

Anyway, do you have any suggestions on a build? Currently running accuracy / reload / double damage control / concealment for my equipment and BoS / EM / SI / AFT for my Captain. I'm a dozen games or less away from my T5 Captain skill. I can easily retrain / re-equip.

Is a full secondary build viable? Or should I stick with what I have and try to maximize what I can get out of the 18 inchers? If so, what's my T5 skill?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Ignore teammates, 90% of the time its some 800 WTR scrubcommander telling you how to play the game. It gets especially bad when playing carrier, I just instantly mute people that start complaining about not getting aircover. Yes, the enemy cv has planes too, shocking! Even more shocking, he has fighter planes, they can tie up my fighter planes, meaning I can't help you with bombers! Your personal wellbeing is not my responsibility! Shut up.
It's funny how in this team game, deliberately ignoring team mates and just concentrating on your self playing well seems to be the actual road to success.
Anyway I digress.

My Yamato build is old and from different patch days, secondaries / reload / double damage control / target acquisition (back when T10 was swarming with shima's). My captain is identical to yours except level 16 with BoS and manual fire control for secondaries.

I do think a secondary build is viable, its definitely the most fun build. Having an extra st louis shooting at targets at 10,5km is good times. And it wards off cheeky underaged boats.
 Going the concealment route is probably more viable though, getting CE is the way to go with if you want to get more out of your 460's. Not being spotted means not getting shot at. Means more opportunities to delete a unsuspecting victim that shows you broadside.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Lesson Learned?

Angling in a Pensacola doesn't work. Angling against 6 ships after supposed support 'vanishes' doesn't help either.

**** You Explodicola. I'll at least stick with the Soviet cruisers.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
So finally picked up the Friedrich der Große:

This thing can seriously tank.  I solo BB pushed the flank on Two Brothers and bounced a metric frak ton of shells from RN cruisers and their BB support.  She can also hit like a freight train, those 420mm naval rifles so far seem like pretty reliable guns and when they connect they do really terrible things to the recipient.  With the reload module they cycle every 28.2 seconds which is pretty fun.  I might try out the 406s since they can be brought down to 24.6 seconds.   

On the other hand it accelerates and turns like a tractor trailer which coupled with the prodigious length and breadth makes it hard to not get hit.  At range with the hydro you can torpedo beat fairly well but even bow in at close range shes just too fat to dodge.  You also lose a little bit a reach on the secondaries compared to the Bismark which is a little sad.

Overall though Friedrich der Große seems promising.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Welp, you've got a bigger ass than the Yamato. And torps are always an issue with that sucker.

On the other hand, I've seen crack players single handedly tank and ***** slap Yamatos and Montanas.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

ふふっ、わらわには見える~

Capping in domination is for winners.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================