Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308288 times)

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: What are you working on?
Amongst a vast pile of other projects, I'm working on this for FotG:

It's a K Wing, based on this version:

The K Wing is of the same vintage as the E Wing, and has been decanonised by Disney, but FotG isn't strictly adhering to new canon anyway. :)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Also:

Is that inspired by a base model from Freelancer? http://fl-guide.de/graph/holman_bild.jpg

Kinda-sorta. I have a military station core that's VERY much inspired by that
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

I'm cleaning out and mapping one of Cadius' models he decided to share with Blue Planet. As BP Team never managed to find a place for some of them, Darius passed the models to me as I requested. I really appreciate that.

Texture will be baked, just like majority of my models. This is going to be swarm torpedo-based destroyer for Earth faction in Exile :D.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 07:52:08 pm by Betrayal »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Reminds me of ATF ships from X3

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Nice ship! But the little vertical doodad in the front feels vaguely phallic to me.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Wings 2 dogfight mechanics.

Curious on this, was this ingame numerical fakery (No offense intended, I just can't think of a phrase that isn't as strong to describe my thoughts atm) or were the fighters literally moving at 900+m/s? (I assume it's legit because of the distances?)

Any engine / guns / missile / ctr meas / etc issues at this speed? What about gliding and strafing?

I have had this stalled idea for ages now, did test mods a few times before with super high speed as presented above (none got far, always left on the back burner or deleted), but I could never get the combat to feel right - or I simply never tried hard enough. In 1v1 engagements of [ai-attack 'Alpha 1']  it was already a luck-based airborne space joust regardless of the capabilities of the individual fighters, and that's not even getting to the later problem of balancing fighter classes overall - light/medium/heavy - let alone any other ship.

How were the agility characteristics tuned based on the speed to get a good... errr... feel? As far as I am aware, I don't think the Starlancer style progressive turn damping is possible in FSO, unless I have not been keeping up with FSO's current feature set...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
Look at all these people, creating one great thing after another.

And then there's me... poking around in FRED not even being able to throw a single decent mission together.

Oh well, at least I get a bit better each time I delete a mission from my folder.
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

And then there's me... poking around in FRED not even being able to throw a single decent mission together.

Oh well, at least I get a bit better each time I delete a mission from my folder.
Lemme show You something:

This is the first thing I ever modelled. I'm calling that "The Sh*tthing", I've done this... 3 years ago?

And this is the last. Head's up man! Everyone here were noobs once. Patience, training, making mistakes... Without such things, there wouldn't be any masters :P. However sometimes I doubt if I made any progress since the sh*tthing xD.

Keep Freding!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:24:31 pm by Betrayal »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen

Lemme show You something:

This is the first thing I ever modelled. I'm calling that "The Sh*tthing", I've done this... 3 years ago?

And this is the last. Head's up man! Everyone here were noobs once. Patience, training, making mistakes... Without such things, there wouldn't be any masters :P. However sometimes I doubt if I made any progress since the sh*tthing xD.

Keep Freding!

Thanks for the motivation.

Actually, 'The Sh*tthing' doesn't look too bad. It's only lacking a cockpit.

Heck, I might try doing some modeling, just for the heck of it.

Again, thanks for the motivation.
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Actually, it looks more like a boxy predecessor to the Hecate, and thus a capital ship, as opposed to a fighter.  The metal girders on the nose and the lack of a clear armored prow make me think that perhaps it could be a freighter of some kind.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
If I temember correctly it was somekind of strike frigate [1km+] with pair of hangarbays for rapid fighter deployment. The "wing" is actually launching ramp, and hangar is above it.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I don't even know. Just hopping from one thing to another.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
That detailed hanger would definitely be a prime candidate for detail boxes.  It would only render when you're right on top of it.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That's not even it's full size (it's gonna be longer). I have repair stations, lower-poly fighters and even people sprites.

Aaaaand now I started diddling with improving the Blade.

I have a ****ing mental condition......

Offline Deora11

Lolz. Atleast you've released some stuff. I've got a dozen good models laying around and none of them have even reached the UV mapping stages yet. I find it hard to stay focused with lots of ideas and interests running around.

Stupid brain, why you no focus!

Deora11, there's always the option to release such models as you think are ready to be UVmapped to the community and let someone else have a go at them.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Lolz. Atleast you've released some stuff. I've got a dozen good models laying around and none of them have even reached the UV mapping stages yet. I find it hard to stay focused with lots of ideas and interests running around.

Stupid brain, why you no focus!

Less new projects, more focus on current ones. Don't take more than 2-3 models at once as it will make you exhausted and causes quality drop of each model.

Ships needs love :P

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Deora11, there's always the option to release such models as you think are ready to be UVmapped to the community and let someone else have a go at them.

I did that and no one touched anything (that I know off).
the Modular station was part of the released modelpack. if you want something done right (or done at all), do it yourself