Author Topic: Second Beheading  (Read 7913 times)

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
So says Gabriel Shear, ex-Mossadi agent :D:D

To quote some US senator, I am outraged at the outrage. People die all the time, for all sorts of reasons. Famine, diesease, war. For religion, for nationality, for profit, for ideology. The fact that this specific person happened to be born on US land, and the fact that he was beheaded instead of dying a less grizly death, thats pretty irrelevant. I don't hear anyone mourning the thousands of dead that die every day for lack of food, water or medicine. They all had families and dreams and aspirations etc etc. Are we going to make a thread for every person that dies from an unjust cause?

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Rictor, he was killed for no other reason that because he was American.

He wasn't killed for profit or by lack of food or water.

While all deaths are tragic, the fact that the victim was killed because he was in a particular demographic group to make a political statement is what makes this particular death so horrible.

Deaths by famine would drop dramatically if the world would drop it's stupid sanctions against Geneered foodstuffs.  I mean we've technically been eating Geneered food for thousands of years anyway.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
they want terror?..

drop a nuke on their front doorstep, and see how brave they are...
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
So much for rationality. I stand by my "the planet has 10 years" statement... although it's more like 9 years now.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
We live insane times right now.
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Seriously, I didn't expect anything else. It was bound to happen again sooner or later. :blah:
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
unarmed civilians, no less..
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline 01010

Wow, an American in a flashpoint gets captured and beheaded. There's a ****ing suprise.

Quite frankly if your a dumb enough (or greedy enough) **** to be anywhere near the middle east with caucasian skin and a western accent you take full responsibility for what happens to you.

Originally posted by Turnsky
they want terror?..

drop a nuke on their front doorstep, and see how brave they are...

That's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard, not only would it achieve absolutely nothing worthwhile, it'd probably compound the situation and bring on a third world war.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 05:28:37 am by 784 »
What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet sweet music? - Refused - Liberation Frequency.

Offline Gank

For the last few months the US has been telling its citizens to leave Saudi, yet people are surprised when something like this happens. And all you boyos shouting lets nuke the bastards should really keep up with events, Saudi authorities killed the guys who did this yesterday.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Let's kill mankind so no-one can get killed anymore!!!! yay!!!

:doubt:
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
Originally posted by 01010

That's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard, not only would it achieve absolutely nothing worthwhile, it'd probably compound the situation and bring on a third world war.

yeah, i know.. stupid..  :p

actually, i was more or less thinking of capturing their leaders, using good ol-fashoned espionage to root them out, and bring them to trial under their OWN law.. by their own people..
because, 'innocent' iraqi civilians are being killed in the crossfire..
'cause murder is murder, no matter what the religion.
   //Warning\\

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It amazes me, in this particular instance. For example, if America said it would start executing it's Prisoners in Guatamano Bay by electric chair, live, on prime time TV, until the Terrorists gave up. I bet you there would be no indecision in the worlds reaction whatsoever.

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Flipside
It amazes me, in this particular instance. For example, if America said it would start executing it's Prisoners in Guatamano Bay by electric chair, live, on prime time TV, until the Terrorists gave up. I bet you there would be no indecision in the worlds reaction whatsoever.

What do you mean by 'no indecision'? Because if you mean what I think you mean you couldn't be more wrong about it.
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, what do you think I mean then?

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
With pigs stuff somehow involved. Muslims hate/can't be around pigs.
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
To be honest HS, I don't think that would matter, these people aren't Muslims, they don't even follow the most basic tenets of the Muslim faith.
They hide, like cowards, behind Islam, just as many of their counterparts do the same with Christianity or Judaism. This serves only to smear the ideals that those religions are trying to adopt these days. Most holy books have 'smite the unbeliever' in them at some point, it's easy for anyone who has no religion, but a lot of manipulation, to use that for anythng they so wish.

Edit : Please note, I'm not suggesting that America SHOULD do this, I haven't said that, what I am saying is that the world would be disgusted if they did, and yet are far more inclined to forgive the same thing in the opposite direction.

2nd Edit : http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040619/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saudi_kidnapped_american&cid=540&ncid=716
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 09:20:20 am by 394 »

Offline Gank

I find it deplorable that people can at the same time complain about what happened to this man and advocate the same thing for those who did it or are suspected or doing it, or have been convicted of nothing as in the case of 99% of the people at guantanamo. People here who advocate this sort of thing are no better than the people who killed this man. Same also for the people who cry racism when an american is killed, but say nothing when some arabs are killed by americans, nothing more than racists themselves.

Btw, this guy wasnt killed just because he was an american, he was killed because he was a technician on apache helicopters.
Al-Qaeda, the statement says, had killed Mr Johnson because of "what Muslims have suffered from American Apache helicopters and their rockets".

From the bbc article, you guys should read more than the headlines before you start shooting your mouths off. If you want to look for examples of people being killed just because they were westerners, theres been plenty in the last months, including an irishman and a german. Where are the threads complaining about their killings, or do beheaded americans only count?

Oh aye, maybe before you start shouting bomb them all you might want to take into account that this happened in Saudi Arabia, on whom you're heavily dependant for oil.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.

****... as long as it doesn't cut into Friday night DS9...
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

I guess you guys didnt really read into this did you?

He was planning on leaving for Ireland with his wife due to the warning to go. He worked there in the Middle East, it was his job, and so when he had planned to leave they nabbed him and beheaded him. Quite frankly, killing someone is bad enough, but slicing off their heads and then jabbing a knife in their eyes is just too medieval gruesome for me. We have evolved past a state of being barbarians, running and screaming at the joyous sounds of death and killing. For christs sake, as long as "infidels" are around there will always be terrorists, but taking out an extremely large number of them would help to thin their ideas that "Hey, maybe if I did this I might get killed so I probably shouldnt..."

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
It's funny how you people seem to think killing folk who consider themselves martyrs is going to stop other like 'em...
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14