Author Topic: FS2 StarWars  (Read 32598 times)

DS1 is only 120km in diameter.  DS2 is 160km in diameter.  That takes about 100km off your model.
Power to the Canadian facist conspiracy plot!

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
can't remember, what was the size of the planets done by venom?

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
iv been working on a tie fighter and x-wing for a while now...

im eager to see the results of your mod....

lods my friend, lods, many many lods. The b5 station is 3000ish (or was it 4000) polys, they're using a buncha lods so that you dont get the full level of detail until you're right up next to it.

LODs won't help much, when you're say flying down the trench, you will be most likely at LOD1. Therefore the computer will be doing lots of calculations for parts that you won't see. If you were then to fly out of the trench, then you'ld still have a problem. LOD's only work when you're approaching the object.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline Kabal

• Where's my Node?!
    • http://hometown.aol.com/kabal150/index.html
Yeah but if you are far away from it then it takes alot of cpu power to load an object that big at full detail. If you are in the trench or pull out of it, you are still only seeing one quadrant of it so less cpu power is required.
Soon the kabal will rule...soon....everyone.....will....DIE!Kabal's House (Samples of my work)

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
The only prob with a SW mod is that in SW, only secondary weapons are interchangeable, not primaries. Unless you only allow the fighters to carry one primary......
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Kabal

• Where's my Node?!
    • http://hometown.aol.com/kabal150/index.html
In SW primaries are interchangable. Single Fire, Dual, or Quad. Just have 1 primary with 2 lasers and 1 primary with the other 2, so if linked they fire quad and if apart they fire duel.
Soon the kabal will rule...soon....everyone.....will....DIE!Kabal's House (Samples of my work)

Offline Grey Wolf

Hey Karma, if the X-Wing you mention on your site is mine, then you can mention the fact that I am in the progress of making at least a temporary shot at the table editing, got the basic stats down (using the Treb as a temporary filler for the Proton torps) and I have the Hull:Shields ratio correct.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
Kabal, that's not interchangeable. The FreeSpace primaries are interchangeable. What' you're talking about is configuration, and I've played all the X-Wing series! :D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
------------

Offline Av0uu

[not a modeler]

what about doing this about the Death Star Trench:

1.  Make your giant sphere
2.  As a seperate model, make the trench

so in the middle of a mission you just slap the trnch face on the front of the rest of the DS.  That way you could make the trench more detailed without messing around so much with LoDs.
Yeah,I invented Pants
You can thank me later

Offline Grey Wolf

What I'd like to see is the Executor. 12.8 KM of floating death...
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Unidan

• http://unidan.stickserv.net/
HAHAHA!!! a Star Wars mod? :lol: Remember my Star Wars project? It lasted 2 weeks!!! :lol:
I'll think of a siggie later..

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
Originally posted by Grey Wolf 2009
What I'd like to see is the Executor. 12.8 KM of floating death...

I've got a cob file of her........but converting it to a pof is asking for trouble! The poly count is rediculous! :D:D:D:D
------------

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by Unidan
HAHAHA!!! a Star Wars mod? :lol: Remember my Star Wars project? It lasted 2 weeks!!! :lol:
Yeah, but if you look at the progress for this one, they've already got the TIE, me and Karma are working on the Z-95 and X-Wing...

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Whatever happened to KillMeNows star destroyer?

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
dont know, i'm interested too;)

Someone has an Executor model? Can I download? Can I? Can I?

[gets slapped]
Ahh... candy...
[whack!whack!]
Ahh... blood...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I asked Razor about it in March. It's his and he said he'd talk it over with his crew.
KARMA, I'll be sending an update your way with improved versions of the T/I and T/D, as well as a rough Nebulon-A Frigate.

Anyway, here's some screenies to get the general public to look at the mod:

Those are from an updated version of the mission that's in there.
This mission's scenario: A freak hyperdrive malfunction sends you deep into an unexplored nebula. Due to the accepted theory of floating gas casting hyperspace shadows, nebulae had never been explored. Now, alone in the mist, the Empire discovers a new species... a species that lives in nebulae and is drawn to conflict... a species that, until now, has been confined to subspace travel...

With hyperdrives, the Shivan juggernaut knows no boundries.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
AIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Fecking Hell! :jaw:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]