Author Topic: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)  (Read 83878 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)
Not to be a bumper of the post but the engine trayls on the Phoenicea look a bit weird....!

Other then that yay good ones i like a lot ! Got more?? *starting to get adicted to the details of the SCP* ! I must really updrade my pc. Well not my entire pc just the vidcard and some more DDR!

Also how much power do u need from a pc to actualy be able to get those details??
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
In the phoenicia picture, the phoenicia is actually being viewed from an angle, and i guess that's why the engine flares are like that. :headz:
If you look at the herc1, the engine flares on it are sort of wierd too. On the herc1 look right where the flares are coming out of the jets on it. I'm just running the latest cvs with a clean install of fs2 and the new zeta's :) wysiwyg
For a graphics card, idk, don't get a cheap one. Make sure it at least has 128mb of ddr, and take a real good look at the bit rating of the ddr thats on the card before you buy. Get something with like 256bit ddr or 128bit ddr2. The new graphics cards have higher bit ratings than the older ones of course. And the reason you look at that stuff on the ddr, is because manufacturers today still get away with decieving the customer into thinking they got something for a steal. My old 9600se 128ddr was a great card, but i found out from all the 9000x radeons, it has half the pipelines in the gpu(i was ok with that), and the ddr was only 64bit(which is equal to 128bit sdram, and this did piss me off). If i want to play games with videocards that use sdram, then i'll use like a geforce 2 or something or voodoo3. ddr bit rate is a great way to decieve customers, and that should be the deciding factor of your next potential graphics card. I'm happy with my 9800pro 256mb ddr2 card. The reason being that my ddr2 is 128bit, and that would be equal to 512bit sdram, or 256bit ddr(you get the idea, get an unbottlenecked video card).
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline ZmaN

Is the Direct 3D shockwave problem fixed in the Zeta VPs?

And why is everything all blurry in FS2 when I set it to OpenGL?????  Could it be that I am using Radeon Omega Drivers?
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Direct3d support has been like almost abandoned. Check out the topic in the fsu forumhttp://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39971.0.html
You're better off with ogl so far. My assumption of why ogl is blurry for you, is not because of the use of omegadrivers, but rather how you have them tuned, and what graphics settings you have on fs2. For the blurry ogl problem, check to make sure that you don't have like the blurry smartshader activated in the ogl part of your graphics card settings. Do things like turn mipmaps up to max, same with texture preference, both of those really don't slow down the card. That should make things a lot more clear and not blurry. Idk, just go through your graphics control panel(don't worry about the smartshader thing if you're graphics card doesn't have any form of it), and tune it as opposed from a performance aspect, but for things to actually look good. You only get slowdowns when you do things like turning on AA or anistopic filtering. I don't take you for a dumbass there's probably something major you missed or forgot to turn off in the control panel to play fs2 in ogl.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Direct3D is about one step away from being removed entirely. At this point, IIRC, it's actually set to not be included in any future builds by default.
-C

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
This destroyer got all sexp'd up(different mission)

The imposing collie to the rescue

Stupid sath got all sexp'd up also(different mission again)

The docile sath waits

Oh man, simultaneous, they're giving it to each other

Not this time, the sath is dominant and on top of this one

But the collie whips it out

Dual

Nice green beam and glow

Never get between two juggernauts that are sexp'd up and make the space-a-rumble, you'll never live to see daylight

The collie is good

The sath eventually internally exploded

The sobek is not sexp'd up

Something i realized about reinforcements and whether or not you actually need them, it was a great chance to load up on a massive amount of fighters and bombers to do the fastest destroyer take down i've ever seen.

If you look real close, you can see a bakha

The lesson here, is that fighters, bombers, and that sobek and demon didn't seem to be sexp'd up which meant for a sobek and bomber and fighters actually totaling a destroyer with their own brawn, and not receiving moderate damage of internal components like the collie
Good sobek

Done with opengl, hdrish-lite, and all of the 3.6.8zeta vp's (except for mvcell)

SMBFD

Offline aceofspades

• Janitor on a SJ Sathanas
I love you.
I wonder if the Shivans eat chocolate? Or play FS2, for that matter.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Someone else get screens :shaking:

SMBFD

Offline aceofspades

• Janitor on a SJ Sathanas
 :lol:
I wonder if the Shivans eat chocolate? Or play FS2, for that matter.

Offline ZmaN

Bye Bye Knossos!

SOmeone didnt make a new warpout effect for knossos portals..  yeah thats the Iceni!

Hoo crap I wouldnt wanna be at the other end of those cannons!

And thats just ONE meson Bomb!

I'm surprised I lived through that one!

Heatsinks werent made for this kind of abuse Command!  We'll melt our cannons if we push any harder!!!

Flak Showers

A blooming shockwave!

That deimos is totally owned!

Another blooming shockwave...

Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

My Rig:
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
two things:

1) Good pics, i see you got HDRish working.
2) Holy ****, you were running FRAPS with that kind of FPS?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Why is the Knossos jump animation so much fuglier than the normal one?

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Wow... S-99, I love your HDR-ish settings. HDR-ish has some flaws, but at this strengh it looks just awesome.

I envy the lucky ATI users who can use use post effects like this...  :sigh:  :(

I'm still waiting for something similar on NV cards... I don't get why neither Nvidia, nor the fans worked out a software for this...

--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Why is the Knossos jump animation so much fuglier than the normal one?

It's green, duh.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
No, I like the CYAN color, but it seems much lower res.

Offline ZmaN

two things:

1) Good pics, i see you got HDRish working.
2) Holy ****, you were running FRAPS with that kind of FPS?

what do you mean?
I think fraps was running in the background.  I'm not sure tho.  wait, i dont even have fraps installed!  I have the ATI Omega Drivers installed.  They put some sort of frame frate counter.

Are my FPS unusally good or bad?

My Rig:
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound

Offline ZmaN

Oh, I have more pics I'll be uploading to my photo bucket...

They'll be up soon.

My Rig:
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Are my FPS unusally good or bad?

Your framerate shouldn't go under 20 except under very rare ciriumstances.

Don't double post.

Offline Kie99

I don't think there's any rule against it.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"