Author Topic: TBP 3.4b beta feedback  (Read 23625 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Quote from: Vidmaster link=topic=51779.msg1047234#msg1047234
That's the mission where I also encountered the [i
"Brakiri Tashkat bug"[/i]. Damn, that battle is buggy... :mad:

No it's not. People shouldn't be playing the game using the debug build unless they are doing it for a specific reason.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
2. - A Inferno Builds Folder and a Debug Folder will be added to the TBP Start Menu Group. (for Vidmaster)

Hip.

About this. I am vetoing this. Please do not add these executables to the start menu.

If a campaign needs to use these builds it is up to the campaign to either add it's own Start Menu items or tell the user how to run the Inferno build.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I tend to agree. For a start Inferno builds won't run multiplayer games so you're facing a real support nightmare there once multiplayer missions begin to appear.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
*noted*
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline starlord

Great news for a great MOD, guys. However, please remember to keep the older release 2 so we can keep playing the older campaigns (tales of janus, etc...) before finding a more convenient solution.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Don't know if this is a TBP specific problem or not but I just had a crash.

It's an error with a pof. Causing the game to stop and a message to appear is no surprise. If the game will not allow you to continue and actually crashes then that's a game engine bug.

I'm assuming you're running the debug build though. In my experience running the release build will make these errors go away. Thanks for the report.

This happened with the regular inferno build.  I wasn't running debug but I am going to give debug a try so I can at least get a log file if it crashes again.  It did stop the game with the press OK to enter (can remember) cancel to exit window.  No error.log or fs2_open.log was produced.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Quote from: Vidmaster link=topic=51779.msg1047234#msg1047234
That's the mission where I also encountered the [i
"Brakiri Tashkat bug"[/i]. Damn, that battle is buggy... :mad:

No it's not. People shouldn't be playing the game using the debug build unless they are doing it for a specific reason.

I had that Crash in the Inferno standart build, it had something to do with the beam turrets missplaced on the model. After setting them to "none", no more crash occured. I never had problems with the League base.  ( I should mention that FUBAR and I are talking about the same mission, he is currently testing FH2260)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
2. - A Inferno Builds Folder and a Debug Folder will be added to the TBP Start Menu Group. (for Vidmaster)

Hip.

About this. I am vetoing this. Please do not add these executables to the start menu.

If a campaign needs to use these builds it is up to the campaign to either add it's own Start Menu items or tell the user how to run the Inferno build.

This has been done

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
when will this see full release?
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
so by easter at the earliest...(The 2 week holiday not the weekend)

Damn...Well at least ill be able to plan out those Crusade Missions more

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Anything else you want fixing?
Anything else you want adding?
Speak now!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer

Depends on whether you want to spend the bandwidth downloading something that will shortly be replaced. If bandwidth is no issue then download this release. Look at the list of fixes? See any huge changes in tables or game balancing? The fact is the only table change is changing stars.tbl to reinstate the p_gas10 planet.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer

Also be warned that if, after choosing not to help with testing, you complain about bugs in the next release? I will crucify you.  :nod:

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Only bug i get are in my N-VIDIA graphics card as opposed to the SCP Engine.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 03:32:57 am by terran_emperor »

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline starlord

Hmm, vid card incompatibilities with SCP? Are they frequent? can we do something about them?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
This is more of a request than something that needs fixing.  Since it looks like the exe is going to need rebuilt anyways is it possible to include Kara's new team loadout code? http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,51837.0.html

It would really help in making multi race TvT missions.  If it can't no problem.

I did run into one other crash but have not tried to reproduce it.  I was running debug at the time to try to isolate the other crash.  It occurred right at the end of the next mission (not the one with the previous crash) but did not put anything unusual in the fs2_open.log.  The log actually shows it loading the next mission and my pilot file was updated as if I had finished the mission.  I'm planning on testing that a little more tonight. 

After further testing the new crash only happens when running debug mode.  It does not happen in the regular inferno build.  It only looked like it crashed at the end of the mission.  It actually crashed during load of the next mission.  Log files here just in case:  01/28 log  02/01 log 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 03:49:36 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
is it possible to include Kara's new team loadout code?

No. Sorry.

Offline starlord

Are ALL the babylon 5 universe ships present in the MOD? All races and all ships (including the planet killers and the motherships (drack)?

Excuse me for the silly question, but I just saw the trailers on youtube, and they caught my curiosity.

Offline -Norbert-

The Drakh mothership and the Vorlon planet killer are in.
Not sure about the Shadow deathcloud's "internal structure parts" though, but I don't think so.