Author Topic: HTL Ursa  (Read 32391 times)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I'm not falling off the highlights...
Originally posted by StratComm
Try reducing your detail level, as I think it's directly tied to that.

Yes it is.  If you have something switch to LOD1 at 1000m, then at the highest detail level, it'll switch at 8000m.  at the lowest it'll switch at 125m.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Re: I'm not falling off the highlights...
Man, i knew the ursa was huge, but it's only when you model it that you actualy can appreciate it's size...

And yes... my scale is good.

And ofcourse updatorz...

I'm still thinking about what to do with he gun barrels, what i haev there isn't final...

And admin/moderator, move this to FSUP
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

I think what he's done with the gunbarrels is good: the angular, layered barrels fit with the hull itself.  Prominent round barrels would look silly on such an angular ship.

I love the Ursa, and I'm glad it's getting such a cool facelift. :)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Heh, looks like 8" guns on that thing at least :)

It is looking great!  I was wondering if the cockpit was big enough for side by side seating, but I see you went with tandem seating.  Cool stuff.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Now that's an Ursa I'd like to fly :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
This thread should be
moved!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
*C&C Commando voice* Keep 'em comin'!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well, if the forums weren't acting slowly at random, I'd find more.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Man, i knew the ursa was huge, but it's only when you model it that you actualy can appreciate it's size...

That's gotta be one of the funniest things I've seen all week. Definitely tempted to put it in the highlight when you finish this sucker. :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Looks smashing :)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Perhaps the barrels would look better with the edges beveled.

Don't forget to point the turret forwards!!

This must have been a bear of a task!! :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'd still like the rounded look personally, but that little dude makes a compelling argument. :p

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Personaly, i think i've decided to keep the guns the way they are, there might be some minorr modifications, but that's it.

Pwesonaly, to me the trianular bit isnt the actual barrel, just a shroud, like some russian smg in WWII had a square shroud around it's round barrel.

actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

That's great work!  Chances of getting it UV'd and skinned by the next vp patch? ;)

Does the rear turret work properly now?

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
If you mean by this weekend, i'd need an infinite improbability drive.

Expect it in a few weeks tiem though.
actualy, mabye not.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I like that ...a lot :yes:

Can we get some more renders from different angles, pretty please ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
That looks so good. I am crying in joy. Ursa finally looks like what it was supposed to be.
lol wtf

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
This is what upgrading the Freespace graphics is all about :nod:

Just turn off the reflection of the ship's surface, it looks odd :p

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, maya turns on reflection automaticly for all blinn shaders, i like shiny stuff so i left it on!
actualy, mabye not.

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Mmmmm, can't wait to blow it up. :drevil:
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.