Author Topic: HTL Ursa  (Read 32390 times)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Ahh stratcomm, master of conversions!
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
And, done.  Get the HTL Ursa here.  Requires mv_models to run (for glass and cockpit textures).  New merged map included.  All credits to Firecrack for this one; all I did was convert and fix the alignment of a few minor things.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 09:02:47 pm by StratComm »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
nice. Wanna do the rest of the horus? :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Sure, why not ;)

Max 6 compatible please, or something intermediate.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Thank you pofressor stratcom!
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
The ugly thing looks better than ever.  :D :yes:
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
eeeew teal burners
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
I know, I haven't customized that aspect of my install yet.  They should be orange.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Sure, why not ;)

Max 6 compatible please, or something intermediate.

oh, no can do on that... and a 3ds file tends to make the riges collapse upon vertex weld........... but you can try anyway if you wish
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 10:09:55 pm by Raa »
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
I seriously doubt you've got features smaller than a centimeter.  I'll take a look.

EDIT: Ah, the power of scaling.  I've got it, welded up without much trouble.  Anything in particular that needs special attention?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 10:41:32 pm by StratComm »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ohhhhh snap! that thing is pimpin', dawg! ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline starfox

Hot, hot, hot....
That thing is awesome, though there is one little detail that bugs me:
That small, rear-firing (I believe) turret fires to the front, not rear...
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
Good work. That's good model!  :yes:
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
I know, I haven't customized that aspect of my install yet.  They should be orange.

Wait, you can change those? Oh god, please tell me how.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
i'll throw a pack together if someone'll host it

it'll also be the 3rd time ive done that, i just cant find the other ones
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I've heard enough complaints about the green textures (now and in the past) that I'd be willing to try out different ones for the mediaVPs.
-C

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Speaking of which, the media VPs also need a species.tbl to restore the thruster trails (if the art's still in).  As for the thrusters, a simple color shift should be adequate as the graphics themselves are still quite nice.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
yeah, terran afterburtn should bea a firey orange, like in retail.
actualy, mabye not.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Speaking of which, the media VPs also need a species.tbl to restore the thruster trails (if the art's still in).  As for the thrusters, a simple color shift should be adequate as the graphics themselves are still quite nice.
You mean "species_defs.tbl", right?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!