Author Topic: R3 status update  (Read 14498 times)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Updated the phalanx (more reasonable size) and the 40mm.
40mm
Phalanx

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
If you are interested, there are some small changes in our homepage.

Offline N`Grath

Hey guys, what's about the music in the new Release?
Will you add more B5 tracks? probably something from the movies or crusade? I know that's not that importnant,but it interests me :-)
"Mighty Narn-Empire! Soldiers! Guns! And you come to N'GRATH???"
- N'Grath
"N'Grath, we heard you could just fix anything about this
station."
- Garibaldi
"Many complications. Price high."
- N'Grath

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
That's my stuff I guess...

BTW, we already pulled out the max of different music tracks in the music.tbls...were there SCP changes in that matter?
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I don't know that myself, but R3.0 has exacrly same music as R2.

Offline N`Grath

Where did you take the music from?From the soundtrack cds?
Or is it possible to download it from somewhere?
"Mighty Narn-Empire! Soldiers! Guns! And you come to N'GRATH???"
- N'Grath
"N'Grath, we heard you could just fix anything about this
station."
- Garibaldi
"Many complications. Price high."
- N'Grath

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
BlackSheep and IceFire made TBP music tracks from the ones that were released to public by Franke. Originals were low-quality (128 kbps) but it does fine in FS2.

musicofb5.com is long gone but you could download the tracks from somewhere else, forgot what was the site's name. Also extended ITF soundtracks were made available by Darkblade and me, but if you want those, you're quite late unless you find someone kind enough to host them for you.

Of course, I have ftp running almost 24/7 but I am not going to host the tracks. These were available by me as a torrent download, but I took if offline due to lack of seeders long time ago.

Thread  about ITF extended tracks. However, you will not be listening to those tracks in TBP because it would be calling for possible trouble. Things will however change if we get a permission to use those tracks publicly in non-profit manner. Unfortunately even after months and months of trying, we didn't get an answer.

Before you go and post about how about trying this and that. Forget it, we already tried. Go read the thread at FO.com.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 10:15:00 am by 173 »

@Mr.Fury:

If just two questions, those ITF Soundtracks a absolutly great! I've extracted them an now I'm hearing them every day...my wife is already getting insane about it...

Now my questions:

1) Are there any more than the ITF Soundtracks 1 and 6 ?

2) May I be allowed to use them in my mod Revenge 2 for the game and Intro with using your copyright and link to your page?

Greetz,

Dark
Author of Revenge Final Conflict

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
1) No as far as I know.
2) ITF tracks are copyrighted by Christopher Frankemusic composer of Babylon 5 and Sonic Images. Its not up to us whether you use those or not. Franke nor Sonic Images has given permission to even distribute extended ITF tracks, so I wouldn't encourage you to use them, otherwise you might get into trouble. TBP will not use extended tracks until it is officially approved, which probably won't happen.

Are there any possibilities to get the extended track for personal use? I've just read the thread about ITF on FirstOnes, but every link is dead:( :( :(

Edit: I've just contacted Darkblade on FirstOnes, maybe he can help me.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 08:02:50 am by 1703 »

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Darkwarrior, PM me with your FTP info and I'll upload it for you. And remember, this is only for personal use. :drevil:
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Status update peeps.

Weapon effects have been updated. What minor stuff is still missing from planned R3 release, will be probably done sometime in few next weeks if everything goes smoothly. It remains to be seen how long it takes to complete all major stuff planned for R3 however.

Unfortunately it might be that we need to do some compromises in order to get R3 released this century. That includes Babylon 5 itself, which most likely cannot be finished anytime soon. Whitestar which will be either left out or included as crippled, because player cannot have at the moment full control over main beam weapon. As there is no support for three primaries, yet. And because gunship AI is not done.

Then there is fred2_open which might be left out because there is no single build that can do everything required without problems. We sincerely hope taylor can get fred2_open fixed before R3. This will also slow down mission development more or less.

List of the major things that still needs to be done:
- Missions needs to be fixed and tested thoroughly.
- Several ships needs to be completed.
- Existing models needs to be rechecked and fixed if necessary.
- (Almost) Fully functional  fred2_open still needed.

Note about missions: Even though R3 itself will not include any missions or campaigns, there is no reason to release R3 if you cannot yet play any missions. So with R3.0, both the base and WIP campaigns needs to be released about same time for convenience's sake. After that, each branch can truly go down their own roads.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 11:24:17 am by 173 »

@Darkblade: PM is out!

@Topic: Great, just can't wait until it's out! :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Hehehe, there is some serious cooking going in the internal forum. ;)

Ahh, can you smell it? :D

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
I can smell it, see it and taste it. And I laugh at those who can't ;)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
nahnahnah Cannonfodder, don't make fun of the outsiders, just because they can't see the unbelievable stuff in the internal ;)

*looks into the internal*

ZOMGWTFBBQ look at this !!!!oneoneone it's a working ingame [censored]
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Rejoice! There is possibility that B5 will be in first R3 release after all. :)

Offline redmenace

how about this compromise.
release B5 now with the "compromises," then later finish it up for 3.1 or R4.
As for the whitestar. you could do the same. have a "crippled" version and wait for us at the SCP to catch up to you.

I am saying both of these suggestions because we want to start on all of our campaigns. for the narn centauri war campaign we, or I should say "I would need," B5 in addition to the centauri and narn ships.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
There is no point releasing unfinished models. If B5 won't be finished, it won't be included. However, it is likely at this point that B5 will make it. :)

As for Whitestar, it needs to go through a few improvements too before release. I am not too happy with current textures but these are supposed to be improved in the near future.

The main gun will be a ***** to control in missions because its a turret and you may need to rebalance missions where WS's are involved after player has proper control over the beam.

Edit: Looks like some ships are ahead of schedule... :D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 12:54:53 pm by 173 »

Offline redmenace

sorry fury, I read that the completly wrong way. but I think that there is a possibility that the whitestar could be re-released with tables entries using the gunboat ai later on.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat