Author Topic: Release Candidate!  (Read 9911 times)

Offline redmenace

Where are our manners?
Burns
:welcome:
Azrael15
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Azrael15

And did I hear something about Shadows and Vorlons? :eek: :yes:

Both were purposedly left out of R3.0 because we want to release all of them together, now we have most but not all ships finished. They all lack decent weapons effects though.

...so we will see them soon?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
In 3.1 which will hopefully be released 2 months after 3.0. R3.0 most likely won't have voice acting in new missions, that will be left for 3.1 to cover.

At least following stuff will be left for 3.1:
- Shadows
- Vorlons
- Babylon 5
- Narn transport
- Vree saucer ships.
- Voice acting for new missions
- And whatever else is finished between now and then.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 03:20:02 am by 173 »

Excellent. /MrBurns

So, I think I'm back now... Do I get shot for deserting this place? :D
Don't worry, I'm back here to kiss your asses again. That's about the only thing that I'm currently capable of (no mod skills, blablabla, and forget about fred... I lost freespace 2 :mad:...)...

I'm glad to hear that we don't need freespace 2 for RC3!! Woohoo, can't wait to fly in me thunderbolt again. :thepimp:
Howdy!

Hmm... would we be able to get a listing of what new ships will be in R3?

Offline SeanT

Any word on when R3 will be available for download?

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll

Uhm....Fury would know better, but from the top of my head. What is new in R3:
For the Centauri: Primus/Secundus, Scarab, Brezebel, atmospheric shuttle
Various other stuff: Narn defense platform, EA Warlock, Skylark, Whitestar....and a bunch I probably forgot.

Major model update (Vorlons, Shadows, B5) expected with R3.1, which should follow shortly after R3.....which will be here soon.....
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Damn, I'm gonna go insane when 3.1 comes out. This is going to be so sweet.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

I'll get some tech room screenies showing the list.

Originally posted by SeanT

When It's Done.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

60 ships, of which 16 is pilotable if I counted right.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 03:08:14 am by 173 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Hmh... those screenshots reminds me that we need to replace that mouse cursor...

*whimpers*

So many ships. So many FRED possibilities...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
****e... Those damn missions still have more bugs than I can count with ten fingers and toes. This is going to take a while.

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
is it also possible to change the background in the techroom. becasue sometimes ships blend in so well with the background you cant see them anymore.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
All you need to do is figure out the name of the background file and add in the old one from the FS2 vp file to the data\interface folder of wherever you put the B5 mod.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline redmenace

Originally posted by SeanT

Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
A small status update.

Base
- One model needs to be updated.
- A few textures needs to be updated.

Raider Wars
- Hopefully all bugs have been filed. Fixing is underway.
- We need to decide what to do about the fact that official 3.6.5 builds have broken special explosions, which are required in one of the missions.

I don't see any reason why release date should be later than next week. Of course, we aim to have a bug-free releases, which means we will postpone release date if needed.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
And what we have planned for later releases?

As said previously, in 3.1 you will see Vorlon, Shadow and rest of the canon League of Non-Aligned Worlds vessels. We have also audio upgrade in progress, so in 3.1 you should have higher-quality audio in ogg format.

Mists of Fire campaign is also being worked on, it now has a lot more missions than in R2. This and also all stand-alone missions from R1 and R2 should be released sometime after 3.0 base has been released.

EA Civil War campaign is the black horse. This massive, approximately 45 mission long campaign is so big that it requires considerable resources and time to get even first 10 missions done. Honestly I don't know if a campaign this big will be ever finished, but we hope it will be. However, we will be focusing on to get the two other campaigns and stand-alone missions from R1 and R2 finished before focusing on EA Civil War.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 12:34:13 pm by 173 »