Author Topic: Music finished  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Farsight

• Tapper
ok USS ALexander all the music for homeworld and cataclysm are done. BUT all together its 270 mb in aif format so i shudder to think what it will be like in wav format. It could possibly 500mb big!

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
How many tracks?

Offline Farsight

• Tapper
Well ive totaled 119 tracks
but i suppose we dont need all of them as some music is from the briefings. But then again...

Offline Thorn

Max of 10 ingame tracks.. (this doesnt count breifing/debreifing/mainhall music)
Check out the TBP music if youre wondering how they did it...

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
Originally posted by Thorn
Max of 10 ingame tracks.. (this doesnt count breifing/debreifing/mainhall music)
Check out the TBP music if youre wondering how they did it...

That's not exactly true. You can also get 11 tracks...if you massively reduce the number of briefing musics.

As for the music. Convert them into 22 Khz, 16 bits mono or stereo and save them in ADPCM wav format.

As for including them into the tables...that's a bit complicated. Search for a post somewhere in older threads...there is one, that explains the numbers in the music.tbl. They define how long a song is played. It is not that hard, once you've understood how everything works...
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Farsight
Well ive totaled 119 tracks
but i suppose we dont need all of them as some music is from the briefings. But then again...

119! That's a lot!
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Looks at winamp playlist length....

shakes his head...

walks off...

Offline Farsight

• Tapper
only 11 tracks hmm well we can just add the music to the music file making it longer but still the same file if you understand
e.g we have like a raider music and add another one at the end of it.

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
You should really focus on the best tracks there. 10 tracks are not few tracks. Mix 'em together. One in-flight track consists of an ambient song, jump songs and three battle songs, that are played in an order.

...search for a specific theme. Dramatic or thrilling songs, etc. And then apply them to the tbl.

As I said...don't include anything...focus on the best!
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline USS Alexander

• I 0wn TAP
    • http://www.ngproductions.nl
Whe don't need all of them, just pick the most famost one's and a few for the briefings and debriefings and , the tracks of the homeworld and cataclysm main menu.
icq 127261564
www.ngproductions.nl
Tapping I3****

Offline Thorn

I just extracted all of them, I'll go through and make a list of what I think are the best ones for it are...

Offline USS Alexander

• I 0wn TAP
    • http://www.ngproductions.nl
Ok whell if you guys have any problems with the sound or music table, you know who to contact.....:) or shall i set it up
icq 127261564
www.ngproductions.nl
Tapping I3****

Offline Thorn

Ok, this is just from the music files that I extracted from HW.

Ambient Tracks:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (should definitely be used), 11, 12 (definite), 17, 21, 24, 25, 28, 32, 33, 34, 35, 38,

Battle Tracks:
13, 14, 15, 16, 23, 27, 46,

Dont use:
18, 19, 20, 22, 26, 29 (copyrighted, its the one by Yes), 30, 31, 36, 37, 39, 40, 47, 48

Some of the ambient ones can be used for breifings and mainhall.
The battle tracks can be broken up, there are some pauses between the fast paced parts.
You can still use parts of the last bunch for Jump music and victory music, its just that the rest of the track has noise in it (they were used during cutscenes)

Offline Farsight

• Tapper
i tend to like the battle tracks more but thats just me. Anyway when you have totally decided on what tracks you want e-mail me.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Thinking of HW music only (haven't heard Cataclysms if it's got new tracks...) a lot of them are the same... you can probably loose 10 odd tracks without missing anything...

Offline Thorn

Cata is going to be a totally different thing..
Were doing Homeworld first.
Once thats done, we're going to do Cataclysm, with its own music, interface, etc (some of the ships/weapons will stay the same obviously).

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Thunder
Thinking of HW music only (haven't heard Cataclysms if it's got new tracks...) a lot of them are the same... you can probably loose 10 odd tracks without missing anything...

Grrr....
I'll have you know there are a lot more than three tracks of music...Unless you're not talking about the CD but the game...not as familiar with how that music is divided up :o
Maybe I should "research" this further... :D
-C

119 tracks ? where the HELL did you find all those ? HW contain like 20-30
Part time IX'er

Offline Thorn

Part time IX'er