Author Topic: Cell shader test  (Read 4049 times)

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
first attempt at cell shading

ARGHHH

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
It looks more PJ's than Futurama.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Interesting...... What is it ?    :wtf:   :bump:

^
|
Link to the Kiith Paktu website

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
Originally posted by SlipStream
Interesting...... What is it ?    :wtf:   :bump:

I guess it is a mechanical spider or something in that direction...
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Thats very good. :D
Got Ether?

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I still like cel shading.....for certain things

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I gather LW has built in cell shading? I can't really compete with that :p
it's his "nanobot", btw :nod:
SCREW CANON!

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Cool! :):yes:

Looks a bit like the spiders from GitS :nod:
Habeeb it...

Offline Nico

• Venom
a Fushikoma :nod:
yeah, there's something of it indeed :)
SCREW CANON!

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I've got to ask - how do you actually do cell shading? As in graphically... never seemed to work it out myself.

Offline Nico

• Venom
in max, the colours are easy, just an attenuation map. the outline is another story... Max5 has built-in  cell shading tho. There's plugins for max4 that are supposed to do it, but they're crappy as hell.
I guess LW already has it anyway.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Redfang

:wtf:Hmm... nice... :yes:

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Sweet! now, tell me how you did the Cel shading in LW--or is this something that's in v7?
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
What version you got?

Anyway, it comes standard in most pro gear. I've got a cell shader on Ray Dream, too (actually, a freakified one that lets me do simulated ink washes and sketches and stuff, too, which kinda defeats the purpose of not drawing the thing in the first place). I'm kinda suprised it's not a normal MAX tool, but not entirely. It does rely on third-party plugins to be very good a lot.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: Don't ask why, 'cause I'm not too sure myself, but that has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in months! AWESOME!! :yes2: :nod: :yes:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Originally posted by venom2506
a Fushikoma :nod:
yeah, there's something of it indeed :)

Yea that's it... I forgot the name :p

btw. speaking of GitS. I bought a Steyr Aug (a Soft Air version not the real one of course... :p) and as I recall there should be a MOD pack for it that would make it look like the Assault Rifles in GitS :D

Sadly.. they are quite expencive :doubt:
Habeeb it...

Offline Nico

• Venom
SCREW CANON!

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Actually I was wrong... I think it will become this

ZASTABA NOSLE C Z N - M 22

a big submachine gun if you ask me... Styr Aug is not the smallest Assault rifle...
Habeeb it...

Offline Nico

• Venom
yeah, the zastaba is nice :) nice sound, too
SCREW CANON!

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
yeah i use version 7b having trouble upgrading to 7.5 for some reason anyway which ever version your using look under the shaders in surfacing and look for besm (Big Eyes Small Mouth is what is stand for strangely) then all your cel shading options are in there
ARGHHH