Author Topic: Polies dropped on POF export  (Read 6109 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Re: Polies dropped on POF export
Well, I tested that build with a model that was severely broken (it lost many polygons) if I tried to convert it with a regular PCS2 build.  The model didn't lose any polygons with the new BSP build.

I also tested that build with a model that was not broken.  None of the polygons were lost, and the model collided properly.

I haven't tested the BSP build with any other models, though...
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
I have tried the build and tried to break it by making some test models without triangulating, small triangles, etc. Works fine.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
The new algorithm should never drop (or duplicate) polygons. My concern is whether anything breaks in-game.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Yeah, I tested them in game. As far as I can tell, nothing seemed broken.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
BSP build updated.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Tested. Definitely worked in so far as models that were previously dropping polies left and right now stop doing that.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
*bump*

I've got this problem now on a missile I'm working on, even when using the Feb 19 2001 build from Spicious.
The weird thing is that it only happens on the "external" variant of the missile (the one with the pylon), the actual missile model alone converts fine (see PCS2 screenshot below). It makes no difference if I triangulate the model before exporting to DAE or not.

*link removed, since it's no longer relevant*
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:04:27 pm by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Have you actually tried the build with the new BSP code found here?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Ah, I missed that link on the previous page and just clicked on Spicious' signature.
Yes, with the newer build, everything works fine.

Sorry for the herp-derp moment.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea