Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 265220 times)

Offline Gloc

• catstronautica
    • an intermittent signal
Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
Gentlemen, I am deeply in your debt. :)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
 :(   :(

Is there any way to get the voice pack to work without the SCP?

Thanks for all your efforts guys.  I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to this.   I deliberately refrained from playing any of the earlier versions of this campaign when I heard what you were working on.  This looks to be a blast.

First few missions definitely have the creepiness factor ramped up!
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
@ Nix: uh, i said i had already done the things you suggested, but they didn't work, so your info was useless to me. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline redmenace

The CVS Builds have been updated, FYI.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i'm getting a 404.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

First of all let me say the voice acting is a welcome treat for such a stellar campaign.  You folks really outdid yourselves on this one.

Now, on to the complaining.  For some reason when I play everything works fine, except I have no nebula backgrounds at all.  Planets and stars are fine, but no nebulas.  I'm using 3.6.7 with most of the enhanced features and media vps going for me.
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Permissum sacramentum non exsisto infractus , per fides exsisto led.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You need Lightspeed's special nebulae pack, and the accompanying stars table file.  Blaise is a big fan of those packs, adding them into pretty much every one of his campaigns, starting with STL.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
even with the new SCP build it won't play! :(

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
:( :(

It's probably easier to get FS_open running on your machine, what's the holdup there ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Strange problem..

Campaign not found!  I went back and noticed even if you delete the data folder it makes a new blank one. Anyway I extracted all the relevant files from vp including copy of campaign file and ported to appropriate folders like teh old way, still no go.. I then copied all vp's to root also including campaign file, no go. I even went back to 3.6 open and launcher, still no go.

End result:  game plays no probs BUT only lists main fs2 campaign, Derelict cannot be located...?

Any ideas?
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html

If you want to go through the original campaign and rename all the voice file references to the new system, sure. However, you're better off just using the SCP, as suggested. The entire point of this project was to update an old favourite; I don't particularly want to go back to the ugly, slightly buggier FS2 Retail version. SCP is the future, baby.

Quote from: Getter Robo G
Strange problem..

All I can suggest is a new pilot - after that, it's beyond me.

Anyway, I'm glad it's going well (with one or two exceptions, unfortunately) and I'm happy the voices have been well-received. I was very impressed with the quality of the volunteers' submissions, and the depth or range that each individual actor brought to his role or roles. I hope I've done the campaign justice. Of course, my secret hope is that a few years from now, someone will say "Y'know, Derelict's a really good campaign... wouldn't it be nice if it had custom command briefing animations..."

But for now, this is enough.  :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

Only if you converted all the .ogg samples to .wav and then edited every single mission in Derelict to play them.

And if Blaise changed any of the dialogue you'd need to edit that too.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Many thanks to you, Blaise, for putting all the effort into updating Derelict and giving all of us the chance to be part of the project.  I can't wait to play through it and see how everyone's parts turned out. :)

(Too bad I didn't think to include my one notable blooper in there; it had me in stitches at least. :p I think I still have it uploaded somewhere, though.)

Offline Nuclear1

Was that the "Aw, ****!" blooper? :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Strange problem..   Campaign not found!
Make sure you've selected the mod under the MOD tab of the launcher.  If you have done that, then I'm at a loss too.  Make sure you have the voice-recognition build, make sure the mod is selected, and try a new pilot as Blaise suggested. 
@ Nix: uh, i said i had already done the things you suggested, but they didn't work, so your info was useless to me. :p
I find that hard to believe.  It sounds like to me you have some old residuals from old builds hanging around that shouldnt be there.   (perhaps some MAP files or something, I recall phreak started including them last year) Try a fresh install of FS2, retail patch it, and then just adding in the MediaVP's and the voice-recgonition build along with the launcher.  If your install has a lot of old stuff in it that you dont want to lose, just simply re-install FS2 to ANOTHER folder instead of your default location. If you STILL get dock errors and the like, then re-download the campaign and voicepacks.  You *MIGHT* have a corrupt download, and if you STILL get dock errors, then it's beyond me and up to a coder or someone with more techical knowledge about the SCP than I.   Hey, I tried, eh?

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
*Point*

If you are using a player file that was used in a previous version of derelict, you may run into problems (as I did).  I don't know 'why'.  Creating a new character file and using the latest CVS build seems to have done the trick.  I took notes on where the game started to go tits-up.  We'll see if it happens again.

One of the problems I ran into was in the mission with the Equinox, during the SOC loop.  This is the mission where the civilian crafts warp in and you have to protect them.  I believe the mission is called "Bond Of Trust".  The problem I ran into was, despite completing all objectives, the option to depart is never given.  Once I finally catch up to that mission again I'll see if it's still happening.

Simply wonderful playing it with voice acting :)
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
:( :(

It's probably easier to get FS_open running on your machine, what's the holdup there ?

The SCP dosn't work on my computer.    :(
And I don't feel like springing for a graphics card. Yet.
I'd need to get a new motherboard for most cards to work anyway.

Only if you converted all the .ogg samples to .wav and then edited every single mission in Derelict to play them.

And if Blaise changed any of the dialogue you'd need to edit that too.

:sigh: I suppose I could try.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
aw, come on, sizzler, it's not that hard. ;)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
The SCP dosn't work on my computer. :(
And I don't feel like springing for a graphics card. Yet.
I'd need to get a new motherboard for most cards to work anyway.

Is your graphics card that old ? If yes, grab a really cheap one from ebay, that can run FS_open. (something like a GF3 or GF4, or an ATI equivalent)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea