Author Topic: Zathras 2.1 for 3.6.13 development  (Read 7303 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Zathras 2.1 for 3.6.13 development
Zathras_2.1_devonly

Note this is for 3.6.13 development only not for general gameplay.  If your playing stick with 3.6.12 and Zathras 2.0

To install extract in your Zathras folder.  To remove delete (or move) the 2 included VP files.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:09:28 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Slasher

Re: Zathras 2.01 for 3.6.13 development
There really should be some kind of celebration because the Aurora has debris now.  It's been over nine years, but it finally has debris. 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Yea I do plan on limiting those a bit just haven't got around to setting the vaporize % chance.  I sill have some EA ships left to do but I'm hitting the big boys now so progress is going to slow a bit. 

Oh I included the .bx files for go-faster (now in trunk) as well.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline wesp5

I hope this is the right thread for another Zathras request ;). Would it be possible to swap the model preview background image with that of the debriefing screen? Because the first one is so dark you can't actually see much of the Shadow ships and the second one has bright spots in which it is very hard to read the white text...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Swapping interface pieces is not an easy job.  If it was multi chat would have had a new one ages ago.  So it won't be changed anytime in the near future.  Hopefully sometime down the road the interface code will get a rewrite and make things like this not only easier but more customizable. 

Offline wesp5

Ah, that's a shame. Another suggestion that may be similarily impossible to do. I think the HUD would look better if the stats above the target window and below the crosshairs would be in the color of the target, e.g. red, blue, bright green, whatever and not always standard HUD green. Is this possible?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I don't think it is. 

Offline wesp5

Hi, it's me again and I have another suggestion that should be very easy to implement this time. When you choose Zathras in the laucher there should be a version number visible somewhere. Either in the title or if this is just the directory name, it should be appended to the description.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Re: Zathras 2.1 for 3.6.13 development
Updated to 2.1 alpha version.  This is the last one before going to 2.1beta testing so put it through it's paces. 

Remember to remove the 2.01 file.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:24:42 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline Skullar

If it is the standard interface art, I made this ages ago ( for our first release ) and I can easily modify the grafics on request.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
They probably are.  Whatever is in 3.4b hasn't been changed.

Offline wesp5

Are you talking about the main game interface background here or the Zathras launcher window? I think adding the release number to the latter would be really something, swapping the main game backgrounds to improve readablilty would be even better ;)!

Offline Slasher

Sorry I haven't actually tested this yet.  I got sidetracked on New Vegas after I finally got my computer repaired last month.  My schedule doesn't suck as much as it did last year though. 

Offline wesp5

Sorry I haven't actually tested this yet.  I got sidetracked on New Vegas after I finally got my computer repaired last month.

No problem, I'm in the middle of New Vegas too and only play the occassional TBP mission on the side to loosen up :)!

Offline Slasher

I finally started playing TBP again, this time with the Zathras 2.1 test release.  I noticed that a Nova collided with a jumpgate where it used to pass through unhindered; I think this may have something to do with bounding boxes.  Or it could just be I'm crappy at waypoints.  I would need to set up a more controlled test to be sure.  It might not even be a real problem, just something future mission designers will have to be aware of.   

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well I discovered a lot of collision issues with the models that I fixed when I redid the LODs.  Possible it was just passing through the hull.  Also there were code issues with multi-part turrets not not having correct collision detection that were fixed.  On the Nova that could easily be any one of the turrets hitting something now. 

Offline Slasher

FUBAR, with Zathras 2.1 do you think we have enough material for a 3rd DVD?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well since we haven't done the second one yet I don't think it's time for a 3rd.  I believe we are still waiting on some other updated stuff before doing another DVD.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Any particular reason that the Hyperion/Midwinter and Olympus are fully faceted again? They had all been re-converted with the PCS_autofacet build for TBP 3.0. Also, EF1 still has smoothing issues on the big disk, while beaching pod is still fully smoothed.

But I see you fixed smoothing issues on the Tanker and Kestrel. And nice work optimizing the LODs in their texture use :yes:
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I'm not sure what you are even talking about with the faceted stuff.  I didn't change the actual models just the lods with the exception of fixing the nameplate on the Midwinter and Hyperion which required adding something like 2 polys on one side of the model. 

I do know that the Hyperion/Midwinter .pof was pretty corrupted though.  Maybe something that special build did that PCS2 and the engine doesn't like anymore.