Author Topic: PCS2 Test Builds  (Read 77038 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well, the paths are suposed to have lines between them, but the only one wich is realy visable is the selected path.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Sorry I was away....

The model was converted using PCS1.  (What state is the PCS2 converter?)

I don't mind the spheres, given that they look right.

This was the paths that I imported from:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/Shodan_AI/flares1.jpg
Yeah that looks about right then - you can see the selected path at the front and just a bit of the line as well. It would probably help if we had an option to turn the spheres on or off though, and even then only display them for the active path. :)

PCS2's converter works A-OK
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure about that: http://ferrium.org/mantis/view.php?id=7
Can anyone here try getting a ship in game with the latest build? We really need more testers than just me here. :p

And there are a couple more bugs on mantis now btw.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

How about making them all visible, but highlighting and/or wider the currently selected path?

Ok after setting up the paths, theres several things that need to be fixed.
If you want to keep the spheres, they should not be white, especially when the model is white.
An option to disable the spheres and revert to pcs1 style.  The size feature is nice, but not when you trying to first set them up.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 10:46:23 pm by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
that's how it is now.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

I mean like in PCS1.. have all the lines visible and the currently selected path differentiated

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
redownload and see if you are any happier.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Definitely better! Much easier to understand  :)

One minor feature, when you get a chance.  While your editing paths, it would be nice to see all the paths (ideal for error checking).  Something like in PCS1, just have blue lines, and blue boxes, no spheres for the unselected paths.  For the selected paths, leave as you've got it now  :)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
this things starting to really kick ass.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Coming along nicely. Btw, is the non-textured view supposed to render the model fully faceted now ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Coming along nicely. Btw, is the non-textured view supposed to render the model fully faceted now ?

sorta.. while i was playing around i disabled point normals when not in textured and forgot to move em back
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Having a slight problem with one of Saga's models.  What is the scale ratio for PCS2 (is it still 1 to 20)? If so then I've got a strange problem, the model is appearing much smaller than it should be.

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
I really like the new interface, and the rendering is nice and clean. However, I seem to have run into a very serious, and irritating bug.

I converted the model ncrus01, which has about 1.5k polygons. It shows up rendering properly, and I am not aware of any problems until I finish all the turret and subsystem info and then set it up for a test. FRED crashes upon seeing the model, stating "serious model error, resetting 1 normals to 1." Puzzled, I looked at it again in PCS2, with no apparent errors. I have converted many models before and never run into this problem. Upon opening it in modelview, I found that it had a NEGATIVE width. As in, a width of -717. This may or may not be related to the fact that for all normal entries, for the turrets, the default X value was -000000, while the others were just 000000. Both FRED and Freespace both crash when they see the model, and I know there aren't any geometry problems. I can send the model in question if you want.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Oh at last someone else has tried to get a model in game. :D

Here - can you create an account and add all that to this bug report?: http://ferrium.org/mantis/view.php?id=7

I didn't think to see what Fred has to say about the models I've tried thus far, - I'll give that a go when I get home. I suspect we may need as much info about this one as possible.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I was just noticing that PCS seems to have an odd fliping of the x coordinate, I think this has to do with  OGL's coordinate system, and Kaz may have tried to compensate for this in file IO, I'm not sure though. I sent him a message a few hours ago asking him for clarification about this, I am right now rewriteing OGL's projection matrix code to accept a right handed system with things displayed the way you would expect, z going into the screen up pointing up and right pointing right.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
lol, I hope PCS2 can take over every scrap of modviews use then, cos inverting or shuffling around axes between proggies would drive anyone insane. ;)

It certainly looks like it's well on the way to being able to fully take over though. :D

Oh yes - and on that note at some point it would be very helpful if we could associate POFs with PCS2 and have it able to open them by double clicking on the POF, rather than opening PCS2 and then opening the POF.
Twisted Infinities

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
ah, I found it, POFTranslate it is a function that does nothing but flips the x coord of any vector loaded into file, then flips it back when saveing. the whole reason it's needed is because OGL uses a coordanate system were Z comes out of the screen, were as FS2 uses a coordinate system were Z goes in. Kaz must have decided to just flip the values in the pmf cause he could just flip them back.

ok, I'd like everyone to download (sig) my latest build, and tell me if everything still seems to work and if this has fixed this crash bug (I doubt it, but if he would have forgotten just one vector wrapper it would have been getting fliped). I rearainged the projection matrix to be a little more intuitive for me, and made the flipping of x components unessisary. (and disabled it)

[edit]I just tried it myself, and all the polys are flipped, I was sort of expecting that, but still see if it crashes.[/edit]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 01:08:51 am by Bobboau »
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Wehey, it worked! Well modview still reports a negative X dimension for the bounding box, but I think you nailed the crash part. :D
Twisted Infinities

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
seconded. My test model now loads properly, restoring 45 minutes of POFing work. GO BOB! Now, if you can just absolute-value the bounding box export dimensions...
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
technically OGL is using the standard coordinate space from math and POF and COB are using odd ones
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well swapping them back and fourth is confuseing, both to us and the user, and liable to cause bugs, I managed to get OGL to display pofs with there native geometry displayed as you would expect, (and also managed to get camera location and orientation). are you dead set on keeping this like this? if you want I'll commit my changes to OGL and you can try and get file loading to work with it. (as in, remove the x flipping)
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3