Author Topic: Skins Problems  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

I've been having some problems with editing the skins for some FS1 ships. I tried redoing the Athena in red, for example. I opened it in Kodak Imaging, copied it, and pasted it in a new picture of the same size and shape because the program doesn't let you overwrite or edit existing files.  I saved it as a bitmap, converted it to a jpeg, and then finally converted it to a .pcx file. But for some reason, FreeSpace wouldn't recognize the file. Help!
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Is it a 256 color pcx file?
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Is it in the FS2 directory? (Though I think Shrike has the right question here.)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Grey Wolf

Thanks Shrike. That's what I needed to know.  I accidently had it as 24 bit.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I've had this happen to me, so I figured that you might have the same problem.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
I think all FreeSpace graphics need to be in 256 colours or they just won't work. I was playing around with making a blue beam and came across this same problem.

------------------
Long Live The Fighters!!!

Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Yub yub Commander! - Major Wes Janson

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Upcoming campaign: Fury Storm

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work

Originally posted by Grey Wolf 2009:
I've been having some problems with editing the skins for some FS1 ships

Paint some Elite ships! They're easier.  
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by NeoHunter:
all FreeSpace graphics need to be in 256 colours

- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Grey Wolf

I converted it to 256 colors and it still isn't working. Is there a certain color I need for the background?