Author Topic: A little request  (Read 2174 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I need a little favor - the Colossus cutscene in windows media format and everything that is said in that video in text format . I need it for a vid I'm making :p . So if anyone can , please help me .

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

So, you're joining the splurge of people splicing cutscene footage and putting it on YouTube?

For the video conversions, have you tried Virtual Dub? Google it.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I wonder, would Freespace machinima suck?
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I intend to do something else . I'll post a link here once I'm done with it . Hopefully it's soon . Thanks for the text from the cutscene , but now I need the cutscene itself in windows media format ( wmv or whatever ) on a kinda low playback rate ( PC can't handle high ) . Sorry I'm too lazy to search for it myself :( I just don't have enough time to do so .

P.S. Mind checking out another video I made for FS : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfK-5_YZovs . Though this has nothing to do with what I want to make now . :D

Just try Gamecam. Make an in-game video of the cutscene.

If you don't like that, go pirate a copy of Fraps. Although Gamecam unregistered is actually better than full-feature fraps.  :rolleyes:

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
No , hehe ... You don't get it ... :)

I DON'T have the cutscenes AT ALL . I HAD them , but after I reinstalled Windows I had to DELETE FREESPACE2 , and now I don't have the cutscenes - only the game .

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
FRAPS is probably the best video recorder out there, and its designed specifically for games.

There are about 10 million places on the net where you can get the cutscenes. Hades Combine, maybe? The SCP DVD? Into the box with you!  :headz:

Really, just get Turey's installer, it has practically everything FreeSpace you'll ever need, including the cutscenes.

If you don't want to do that, cutscene info is on Kara's FAQ.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/movies.html

Any time you have a question about this, remember that the HLP community has set up layers and layers of FAQs, installers, and whatnot, trying to make things noobproof... but some people fall through.  :lol: j/k

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Oh come one people ! I just need the Colossus cutscene cause I don't have it . I don't want them all cause I already know them by heart . :p

And FRAPS won't help me if I don't have the cutscenes .

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
AAAAAAAAAAAAH ! WHATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER !  ;)

I said I don't want to download all of them - too much Mb for me .  :(

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
So just download one of them then! :p

It's in .ogg Theora format but you should be able to convert that to whatever you need.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
you could have the game play the movie and then record it with FRAPS :P