Author Topic: Well that escalated quickly...  (Read 53394 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: Well that escalated quickly...
you have the right to say whatever the **** you want. if someone shoots you in the face for what you said, thats your problem. last i checked, women have the right to bear arms. why the total lack of face shooting?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:10:31 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Yes, it's your right to say whatever you want

But that doesn't protect you from the legal system when what you're saying and showing is violating someone else's privacy
Saying "it's your right" seems to imply that you're untouchable and anything someone does to stop you violates that right *when it doesn't*
"No"

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Yes, it's your right to say whatever you want
But that doesn't protect you from the legal system when what you're saying and showing is violating someone else's privacy

What an oxymoron

Either it is your right and then legal system cannot touch you or it is not your right and then it can.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Yeah because y'know the word 'exceptions' is a communist conspiracy made to actually diminish our freedom!!
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
It's fun watching two natural human rights come into conflict with another
I lean towards privacy winning out here because publicizing someone's sex life male or female has ultimately no point. It's not an opinion or expression (see "Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas using one's body and property to anyone who is willing to receive them"), it's a violation.
"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
freedom is a *****. it gives everyone the same rights, some of those rights are harmful to others. its pretty much a license to be a dick.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
There's a good reason why "yelling 'Fire!' in a crowded theater" is such a classic example.

And that's honestly the best thing I've seen Maddox make in years.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Guys, read this:

https://storify.com/strictmachine/gameovergate?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email

Read all of it. They're from the 4chan irc channel.

Ok, so anyone want to admit they were wrong? Bueller?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:39:45 am by Mr. Vega »
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Guys, read this:

https://storify.com/strictmachine/gameovergate?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email

Damn. I'm still going to hold off on commenting on this whole ....thing (if I ever do) until some more things shake out, but that is some impressively bad OpSec for the 4chan guys.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
I saw a link to that elsewhere, but as all things twitter, it's almost impossible to piece together what it's saying and by whom and that the context is, if you don't already know. Looks like some dude who doesn't know how to use capital letters is using Quinn's name and posting chatlogs in which some people hate on her and SJW's because... I guess we haven't seen enough of that so far, or something?

Offline Luis Dias

Guys, read this:

That anyone even considers anything said by Zoe Quinn as having an iota of truth in it is truly mind boggling to me. It's even ironic, given how we are supposed to be skeptic against ms paint screenshots against her but not her grabs.

One of the "most prominent feminine figures of gaming" whose only contribution to the world was a written adventure game using an available engine (she didn't even code). I'm sure all the brilliant women in gaming coding and crafting and managing complex code, art and innovations must be thrilled that this psychopath is their front figure now.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Luis, hyperbole does not help you. You don't like her, you think she's acting wrong here, I get that, but "Psychopath"? Really?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
Guys, read this:

That anyone even considers anything said by Zoe Quinn as having an iota of truth in it is truly mind boggling to me. It's even ironic, given how we are supposed to be skeptic against ms paint screenshots against her but not her grabs.

One of the "most prominent feminine figures of gaming" whose only contribution to the world was a written adventure game using an available engine (she didn't even code). I'm sure all the brilliant women in gaming coding and crafting and managing complex code, art and innovations must be thrilled that this psychopath is their front figure now.
Did someone hack your account?

Seriously, we've had our disagreements but that was totally out of character for him.

Also, the ABORT ABORT post was actually viewable in /v/ to anyone.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Posted, as is usual on 4chan, by an anonymous user.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

That anyone even considers anything said by Zoe Quinn as having an iota of truth in it is truly mind boggling to me.

What makes you say this?

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
If he brings up the now discredited allegations she doxxed FTFY or the other classic 4chan lines, the admins need to check the ip he's using. I'm not even kidding (ok, a little bit). Calling her a psychopath? That's totally out of character for him.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 02:54:07 pm by Mr. Vega »
-John Maynard Keynes

I'd say he is being genuine, perhaps slightly more angry about something. Here's his twitter feed for possible comparisons.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
I'd say he is being genuine, perhaps slightly more angry about something. Here's his twitter feed for possible comparisons.
Wowwwwwwwwww
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This thread has been putrefying for about fifteen pages now.  Can anyone give me a good reason why it should stay open?

I am not sure if I (or indeed, anyone) can answer that question without further adding to the putrefying.