Author Topic: Game resources  (Read 1577 times)

Offline soldjr

Any attempt to make something new from the fs2 code will be severely limited by the requirement of CD's. This game is hard to find and only getting scarcer.

In the source I see a lot of DEMO preprocessor code, but the comments mention that the demo has branched off from the main fs2 code (rendering the demo code we see obsolete). I have not tried, but I doubt its possible to compile the demo exe.

The only good solution I can see is to re-create resources from scratch.  This is the only way a complete working program could be distributed.

Or maybe Volition, Interplay (or whoever makes decisions), would "release" the resource files. The game is not for sale on Interplay's online store, though FS1 is, oddly enough.

Offline Solatar

The game is not being produced anymore. There are millions of copyright issues, and I don't think I'm the one to explain.

EDIT:If you want to get it burned for you, ask someone you know. If this counts as warez, then close this post. I read in the copyright information that it said "You may burn this software for friends and aquaintances, as long as you do not charge, ask for donations, or bundle it with any other item or service.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
yeah warez shamrez i aint got even 1 lejit CD so
I hate My signature!

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Produces a now little used ball of light which begins to pulse with godly power...

I believe you know what happens next.