Author Topic: SHADOW GENESIS - Official Annoucement [Heavy Images!]  (Read 40852 times)

Re: SHADOW GENESIS - Official Annoucement [Heavy Images!]
Well, we certainly cannot reveal that :). I can only say that the Shivan Gate is a portal discovered in Spica system and was probably constructed during the Ancient-Shivan war. The reason of its construction and what is hidden behind it is one of the greatest mysteries in SG.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:54:24 am by Macielos »

Offline starlord

Interesting! I also notice the arachnas being purple... Is it not shivan in SG?

No, They're not Shivan. They belong to another race that will appear during the campaign ;). It's already known on Freespace scene but it has been refreshed and its origin, history and role in the universe is completely unique. You'll see what I am talking about (unless you recognise its ships on some screenshots :))

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
nightmares

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
...make sure you get everything thoroughly polished and tested?

I'm sure they will get everything thoroughly Polish before they release.

Ho ho ho.

Oh, and those screenies are amazing - any or all of them could easily go onto the wiki. Very nice.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
nightmares
Black, mystery ships known as Mae'vir are only small part of this intrigue. To be honest, I don't like those models so much, but new race is essential for our storyline.
Oh, and those screenies are amazing - any or all of them could easily go onto the wiki. Very nice.
2 of them are on Wiki, but you can add more if you want. I would be honored :).
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
:eek:

May 2011? So close? You should definitely create a ModDB profile. ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's planned. I'm also thinking about mod's page on FSWiki and a few articles about ships, weapons and other things from SG universe, but I don't know how to write articles on wiki.

BTW. We are looking for some 3d modellers for finishing a few models. We finished the most important models, but we need a few more. If someone skilled with 3d modelling, uvmapping and model converting want to help us, we would be able to finish our mod faster. There are only 3 models to finish out fleet :).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:50:10 pm by Betrayal »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Jeryko

Backgrounds are very nice.  Remind me of several I've seen on deviantart.  Not saying anything to that effect though.

It's a style I quite like.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:29:40 pm by Jeryko »
JBX-Phoenix

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Backgrounds are very nice.  Remind me of several I've seen on deviantart.  Not saying anything to that effect though.

It's a style I quite like.
Backgrounds are very important for me. In SG, you will perambulate new 6 systems, so I'm working on makeing them all just perfect :).
I'm using a lot of free resources from DA. It's the best source of new backgrounds. All autors will be credited when SG is released.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
New screenshots :D. I've showed a few of them in Celebration, but I have more :). They're from last ten missions from campaign - shows a major skirmishes in Herschel's Star system.
(gallery removed)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:42:35 am by Betrayal »

Offline Delta_V

Nice!

Is that the Sirona in the 2nd pic? Looks sweet.  What are those weapons the Orion and Reyena are using? Some sort of secondary anti-cap weapon?
Also, what's the big ship in the 2nd to last pic?

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Look's like the Orion is using gauss cannons :D
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
In SG Sirona is called Argus and this is not a GTVA ship :P. Gauss-like cannons from Orion and Reyena [in SG known as Atlas] are Tactical Plasma Cannons - secondary long-range anti-cap weapons [artillery]. Inspirated by alien orbital cannon from Starship Troopers. And... Big ship in the 2nd to last screenshots is the GTSD Merdarion - Anchorage class. It's flagship of the 6th Wolf's Fleet. GTSD Anchorage is a class of experimental GTVA superdestroyers created to destroying the biggest enemy ships like Sathanas with a support from GTFg Atlas long-range frigates. Artillery strikes are very frequent in Shadow Genesis :D.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Anchorage is a badass ship.

Offline Delta_V

So how many exclusive ships do you have?  :eek:  I knew you guys had a few (the destroyer based on the Phobos Adv.,the HTL Icelus, and maybe a few others) but it seems like you have'd quite the custom fleetpack put together, and it looks extremely badass.  From what I've seen, Shadow Genesis will contribute a ton to the pool of user-made ships.  :nod:

Oh, and I also absolutely love the atmosphere of the shots you've released so far.  The combination of the backgrounds and lighting is awesome.  :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Thanks for that good words :). At this moment we have GTD Nephelai [Phobos adv. based destroyer], GTSD Anchorage, HTL Icelus, HTL Sagittarius from TVWP Team, GTD Preliator [GTD Boreas HTL] + a few special models like SG nodemap for cutscenes. 2 carriers and new artillery frigate are WIPs. Most of SG ships are released, but I've altered everything [retexturing, bugfixing, turrets etc.]

It's time for short progress report :).
We've got 3 missions and 3 cutscenes to finish. Then we'll add checkpoints and a few minor facilities and then we begin tests. They'll last a month or two. I estimate final release date to be about June/July 2011, but we're not sure how much time testing is going to take.

And Shadow Genesis has just joined the list of hosted projects on Sectorgame :).
http://www.sectorgame.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=90

:bump:

Can you give us an update on the status of the campaign?

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Very nice looking campaign. I shall watch its progress.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.