Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 1  (Read 16358 times)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 1
1024x768 with fov 0.5 doesnt have the fov bug noticeable too much.

altough, there is something else. no matter which resolution i start fs2 in, no matter which refresh rate is on the desktop, it always starts with 60hz refresh rate, and with vsync it cant go higher...

i've tried to play the game windowed, and then it uses the refresh rate of the desktop, but when fullscreen, no way jose.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I recommend you use a refresh rate control program. I'm surprised some people who have games and 3d accelerators don't have one. But, you should get something like multires. It lets you choose resolutions and set the refresh rates for those resolutions. In other words, customize them. 1024x768 could be forced to do something higher than 60hz. Any gamer should have this program anyway if they're a windows gamer. Most if not every game can suffer from going to 60hz, because windows doesn't really do a good job with refresh rates the user specifies. Hence programs like multires step onto the floor, and ensure the same refresh rate on desired resolutions in all scenarios. I don't worry too much, i use omega drivers, and they're nice because they have a built in refresh rate overriding feature built in to the drivers.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 04:42:44 pm by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Porthos

• www.clan-zt.com
One thing that I have noticed about this build, is in FS Port the intro for FS1 doesn't play, the one for FS2 does, even though I have the right files for it. This is not a problem in Kara's build and builds prior to it, however. I know its a small small bug but, its the only one I have really encountered yet, even in debug.
Holy walleye, Batman!!!

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril
One thing that I have noticed about this build, is in FS Port the intro for FS1 doesn't play, the one for FS2 does, even though I have the right files for it. This is not a problem in Kara's build and builds prior to it, however. I know its a small small bug but, its the only one I have really encountered yet, even in debug.

Are you sure it's the build not the launcher? I've encountered the same problem before and the cause is the launcher not the build. It's not a bug either. See this.

Offline ShivanSpS

So, we must call the Zeta vps and CVS 9th as the oficial 3.6.8???

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Nope. There is no official 3.6.8. We simply skipped that version.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You skipped it because...?  Because you couldn't think of a reason to skip it, right? :lol:

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
seems to work ok for me, except for 2 things, when targeting a hostile ship, it gives the ships class but not the wing name in th hud. Not a major thing but a small prob if your trying to target a set wing and you don't know which one it is, also i noticed when i was flying up against a hostile Orion in a bomber, as soon a i launched a cyclops bomb the Orion fired its Terslash's and its Bgreens at the bomb and obliterated me as well. That seems to happen at random.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
You skipped it because...?  Because you couldn't think of a reason to skip it, right? :lol:
I think they figured that so many features had been added between 3.6.7 and 3.6.8 that they should use 3.6.9 to reflect that.
seems to work ok for me, except for 2 things, when targeting a hostile ship, it gives the ships class but not the wing name in th hud. Not a major thing but a small prob if your trying to target a set wing and you don't know which one it is, also i noticed when i was flying up against a hostile Orion in a bomber, as soon a i launched a cyclops bomb the Orion fired its Terslash's and its Bgreens at the bomb and obliterated me as well. That seems to happen at random.
Are you sure there wasn't a warship near you? Those TerSlashes can go pretty far off target.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Does anyone here have an X-fi card and can't get music in command briefings? I and at least one other person are having problems with this and the common link seems to be the x-fi, especially since it works fine on my other computer with an Audigy 2.

altough, there is something else. no matter which resolution i start fs2 in, no matter which refresh rate is on the desktop, it always starts with 60hz refresh rate, and with vsync it cant go higher...

i've tried to play the game windowed, and then it uses the refresh rate of the desktop, but when fullscreen, no way jose.

Use the OGLRefreshRate registry entry to set it correctly. Although a better solution that works for all games is to make a custom monitor driver (inf file) with all the low refresh modes filtered out, so Windows thinks that your monitor is not capable of displaying those modes and never uses them.

Yup, that's the starfield corruption I mentioned in the May 17th CVS build thread (the text corruption being a part of it). Every single person that encountered this problem so far is using the R300/R350 line of graphic cards. $10 on this is an ATI OGL driver issue.

It looks like it has something to do with those cards specifically rather than a general driver problem. I haven't encountered this at all on an R580 card.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
yeah the mission didn't have any other warships in just several bomber and figther wings.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Hi all, I'm new to the HLP Forums (not really as I've been lurking around these forums for over 2 years), but anyways, I've tried this new build, and I've encountered a big problem. Now I don't know if it's the same problem that pecenipicek had, but every time I go to run the game from the Launcher, it says something along the lines that Direct Sound could not be initialized and thar I should stop running any applications that are running that are playing sound (which I don't have running at the time I want to play). I didn't have this problem in any of the previous builds, it is entirely new to me.

EDIT: I fixed my problem, it seems OpenAL was uninstalled somehow..... But now I have another problem, I was playing the mission where you help the Actium and Lysander in the Nebula, and while playing the mission, the game crashed my computer. So I thought "ok, this has happened before, no big deal." How wrong I was when I tried playing the mission again, now I can't play any missions at all because the game crashes at the start of the mission.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 06:07:06 pm by Mad_Barber »

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Welcome to the hlpbb :lol:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline neoterran

:welcome:
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
3.6.8 should have come out in February... in fact, the version was bumped right around then.  And the mediaVPs started being labelled 3.6.8 at one point.  We just never got around to scheduling an actual release.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It should be. I'll rebuild and immediately replace it if it isn't :D

Offline Arach

Hi guys, long time lurker and cheerleader.

I don't know if it was on the fix list or not, but the "A Game of TAG" Virgo bug is still kicking around. I've had some people I've introduced SCP to report this and I've replicated it a few times (with this RC and with Shivan's 1.5c Freespace package Kara.exe). I havn't tried 3.8.9 RC2.

I'm hesitant to report this as I noticed the updated mission file was made. I figured that SCP is still trying to remain compatable with FS2 retail so it warrented a mention.

Keep up the great work.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I think the best thing to do until the bug is fixed is to edit the version of the mission with the nameplates since we have a reasonable reason for including those in the media VPs anyway. 

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Then it'll never get fixed.  Best thing to do is leave it in so that players keep nagging the coders.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Taylor said that he thinks he remembers seeing the cause. If it weren't for that I'd probably have gone hunting for it myself a while back. Unfortunately RL has been kicking my arse repeatedly the last few days and I've had barely any time to do anything at all.

@Taylor. When editing the mission in FRED I noticed that Virgo wing had no initial orders. Instead Virgo 1 to 4 have been given initial ship orders to attack the enemy despite the fact that FRED warns that this is a very bad idea on saving the mission. Is that likely to be the cause of the problem you saw?