Author Topic: HiRes Demo  (Read 17340 times)

Some of the fighters, especially the small ones, will need external mounts. But for the larger ones, like the Bearcat, it can use internal bays.  Sorta similar to the F-22.  I think it would look best if you hit the fire button, door pops open, missile drops and fires, door closes.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Dunno if that's possible. Again, you can open the bays on selecting the bank, and it works for me. You can make a dummy "weapon" with a missile bank that can't actually fire, and use that to toggle between open and closed doors.
Alternatively, FoTG has a script that can control things like S-foils and stuff, perhaps you could use it, and make the doors openable by a special button. Without that, missiles would be locked. I don't think it's possible to make that per-launch. Also, per-launch door opening would be clumsy, as you'd have to wait for the door before the missile flies out. Not a good thing, IMO. When I press the button, I want the missile to launch now.

Next revision: http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/HiRes/Demo-Bearcat-06-29-14.rar
This time it comes with a couple of missions.

First is just an animation test, you launch off a carrier, wheels retract. Do a fly by and come in for a landing, wheels extend. Not the best, but I'm no FREDDER.

Second is Brimstone 3 except your flying Bearcats instead of Hellcats.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Can someone youtube it?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Lorric

Bearcat with shark teeth. :)

Love that gritty Wing Commander feel the model has. I've always liked shark teeth on things for some reason as well.

EDIT: I just looked at the full size image of that close up image you have. Beautiful work. :yes:

I haven't been keeping up with recent developments but Saga can be run in newer versions of FSO now right?  Does that mean it can support some of those awesome RTT cockpit tubs you were working on a while ago Scooby?

Haven't gotten the RTS working quiet yet, should be easy if I can remember how.  Cockpit is there however.

Read this: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85375.0

Next thing coming up, Talon

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Wow. Nice. :) I love this HiRes style. It should have more RCS nozzles, though. It seems that it could only control pitch (Bearcat has no yaw, either, but engines could provide that).
Something I'd really like to see would be WC1 ships, Dart and Javelin in HD.

The thrusters are mostly just for greeble, but I'll add more things here and there.  It's a small craft and not a whole lot of room, unlike the Bearcat.  Also, WC behaves more like aircraft than spacecraft anyways.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That's why lack of yaw isn't a big deal. Some roll thrusters would definitely be good, though. Besides, I like RCS. :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Great work! I can't wait to see some capships :D
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Capships will have to wait, I'm going to finish up on the fighters first.  The caps need quite a bit of overhauling, especially the hangers, they're not in scale with the rest of the ship.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
May I request HiRes Deimos first when you start upgrading capships? :D
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I'd rather see some new capships released, though. Warlock, for example, or even a new, Gettysburg-like one. I could really use a proper Confed battleship.

Current todo fighter list:
Talon [done]
Thunderbolt 2 [done]
Valkyrie [done]
Vampire
Vindicator
Viper
Wild Weasel
Hornet
Harbringer
Jendevi (needs new name)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:43:19 pm by Scooby_Doo »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Nice. Can't wait for the Vampire. :) I always liked it. Will you be updating other ships to HiRes standard afterwards?

Ya I'll be updating the existing ships, in no particular order though.

Also next Bearcat demo is here: http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/HiRes/Demo-Bearcat-07-06-14.rar
Now with better RTS support, although some are still broken.  I can't seem to get the talking head to actually display correctly so I've just made it appear as a holographic projection meh...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Still no animated TVC? Otherwise, looks good.

Also, I've got one small request. Could you avoid using the "light" texture on the muzzle of the weapon models? You've got some spare space on the UV map, and I sometimes replace the "energy" gun exhaust texture with something else so that it works for machine guns. When the muzzles were done via the engine texture, it wasn't such a problem, but if I did it now, it'd "black out" the port set of lights.

Yup I can do that.  New build coming soon.  Some of the controls are now rendered to texture (radar, target, shields, wingman, and a few others).  Some of the others I can't seem to get to work properly or at all (the talking head is the biggest offender).  Those I've moved around to look like they're being rendered, best I can do at the moment.  And I do like the way the talking head animation works.