Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 597460 times)

Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
Wow. Hard to believe that Hard Light of all places would be such an obvious part of Derek Smart's FUD campaign. Chris Roberts is doing something that has never been done before, and they're pretty far along given that development only spooled up (that's a bit of Battlestar Galactica lingo for you) two years ago. I've got a Cutlass and she's a great ship to fly in the PU. And Star Marine is easily a $60 game by itself.

Yup.  Nobody before Chris Roberts has ever sent a video game to development hell by expanding the scope way too far.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Insert a picture with that meme-worthy book here. "Everyone That Disagrees With Me is Derek Smart: The Emotional Child's Guide to Star Citizen Arguments."

wow haters remind me how long line of defence has been in development
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Axem

Well Battlecruiser 3000 was released in 1996 and Derek was born in 1852, so really he's had 567 years to make it and its still in early access?

Chessmate, Smart-fans.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Paaaarp
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Wow. Hard to believe that Hard Light of all places would be such an obvious part of Derek Smart's FUD campaign. Chris Roberts is doing something that has never been done before, and they're pretty far along given that development only spooled up (that's a bit of Battlestar Galactica lingo for you) two years ago. I've got a Cutlass and she's a great ship to fly in the PU. And Star Marine is easily a $60 game by itself.

Sarcasm? I can't tell.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

I am truly sorry for your lots

I was just playing a round of Titanfall 2 and I was just thinking how phenomenal it is that Chris Roberts (PBUH) has seen fit to not include anything in Star Marine like incredibly responsive wall-running movement, giant robots that each have a varied and vital role, cool powers that change how you move and fight like the grapple hook or phase cloak, and interesting character designs that illustrate the blurred line between man and machine in the fictional universe's narrative landscape. This allows Star Marine to get to, and excel at, the core FPS experience: awkwardly circle-strafing your opponents in rectangular rooms while holding down the left mouse button.

Thank you for reading.

Wow. With the amount of sarcasm dripping from every word there, I think we need to break out the hip waders...
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I've never 180d so fast from owning to getting owned

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Think we should just call Roberts' Law here.

Think we should just call Roberts' Law here.

I will gladly take 140mil in crowdfunding, thank you.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
PBUH?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
PBUH?

Peace Be Upon Him.

Also, I'm all for "breaking boundaries" with games, especially space games, but how do people not realize that changing the original plan based on how much money you have is a terrible idea? How is it such a bad thing to want to have something to build on first instead of building on it all at once? Just because Elite: Dangerous did it doesn't mean it's a bad idea to go that route.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Well, a community that grew up on a game that has a corrected version of the Wing Commander gameplay has a bad opinion of a game that's essentially an even worse version of Wing Commander gameplay-wise, you shouldn't be surprised.

EDIT

*sarcasm detector failure*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:00:50 am by Det. Bullock »
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

I've never 180d so fast from owning to getting owned

i blame milky's deceitful choice of username
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

i'm the HUD that blocks part of the MFD

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
I will take my Failed Sarcasm Detection medal without rancor. Nicely done, Azrael.  :p

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Started the refund process. Fingers crossed. Jesus ****ing christ the state of this game is horrifying, especially thinking about how it's gone nowhere for 3 years at least.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED