Author Topic: Schmoo  (Read 26564 times)

Offline Gank

8ks not bad, bobboaus Demios is more iirc.

The exposed bit is excellent btw

Offline redmenace

Originally posted by Galemp
7954 polies triangluated. Phew. I could probably cut back in some areas if I had to, but since it's all one texture I bet HTL could handle it no problem.

The solar panels absolutely must be glowpointed. :)

I don't really like the way the mapping on the back of the engines turned out either, Bobboau, but I was really limited on the maps as they were given.

I spent lots and lots of time on the exposed superstructure bit where the nect connects to the head; I think it works, though. How bout you guys?

Now for kicks, open up the old Faustus model and do a comparison. :ick:

Conscerning glowpoints, In my opinion, they should be visible but should be very small.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It looks schmooper. :eek2::yes:

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Are glowpoints on rotating submodels doable ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Yes, I did some on the Omega (I know what your thinking). If your using aurora you can attach glowpoints to subobjects, and if that subobject rotates, they will rotate with it.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
You can do it with PCS as well, it's just not as interface-friendly in doing so.  There's an associated submodel, you just have to ID the number of the parent from a different tab.

Redmenace: like I'm doing with the fighters?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Carry on....there's nothing to see here.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Striker

...lurk

Offline redmenace

Originally posted by StratComm
You can do it with PCS as well, it's just not as interface-friendly in doing so.  There's an associated submodel, you just have to ID the number of the parent from a different tab.

Redmenace: like I'm doing with the fighters?

well even smaller that those. But like them. Like some have said in the past, glow points should be as subtle as possible.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Ahh...finally. This is what they all should have been like. You texture it and still see the added detail without doing anything like knifing holes in the side armor belts *coughDeimoscough*.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Unfortunately the FS2 ships are much rougher than the FS1 ones. They generally have lots of tiles instead of complete UV maps. This makes FS1 ships like the Fenris and Faustus easy to follow the maps when hi-polyfying but FS2 ships are harder.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
-C

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Daddy likes. :yes:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Evrything in it  is beutifull exept the the back..its to smooth for me

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
yes, take som liberties with the engines
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
it's excellent, but I agree with bob.
I think someone should also tweak a bit the textures on the nose since they seem hiding the plating .. waiting for an in game shot with spec, btw

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline mitac

This thing needs to be Newsified. :nod:
marcet sine adversario virtus.