Author Topic: Janus revisited  (Read 20216 times)

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
Well this is kinda last cry for help. This is not a release, status is not even close to it, incase somebody was hoping for it.

I got involved on this project more than I planned and ended up to make 100% current progress (which isn't much, 2 beta stage missions), before I was left alone with it. So I closed project for time I had enough time and intrest to attempt again. Problem with this is all is that most of missions (80%) needs huge changes and a lot of rewriting, other part (15%) needs complete rewriting and planning, remaining (5%) needs just some rebalancing.

Hope for it still lives, but I cannot do it alone. I need at least few dedicated people to help me.
Those who want or think they can help me, be sure to let me know.

Anyway so that this topic wouldn't be overly gloomy, I post 1 mission demo for you. It is still on beta test stage, so some problems/errors might arise, be sure to let me know all of them.
http://fww2.org/Janus/MW_16.rar
Password for this file is Janus16

Few screens from this mission

Lady Rose, survivor of VWBB with 1198 post, lost somewhere along the line

Creator of Tale of EAS Janus campaign
Mod leader of FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945 for Armed Assault

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Looks beautiful Miburo. Really hope you can find someone to help you with this as it would be a real shame if it didn't get worked on.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's a good mission, although I can see that there is more work to be done on it. I really would like to help you, but right now, I'm an utter noob at FREDing. I could help you with rewriting dialog and spellchecking, though.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Hah, LadyRose is still alive ;) Sorry that I can't be of any help, but it turns out that a RL job tends to suck up pretty much all of my modding time. :(
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
Really hope you can find someone to help you with this as it would be a real shame if it didn't get worked on.

As do I. For time that I have spend on this (in past and present) I would love to see it playable in TBP 3.4 and FSOpen, instead of letting it fade in history.
Nonetheless its still nice to see old friends around and it seems that you have got "slight" promotion since last time.

It's a good mission, although I can see that there is more work to be done on it. I really would like to help you, but right now, I'm an utter noob at FREDing. I could help you with rewriting dialog and spellchecking, though.

You should have seen it before updating :p
Even if you're unexpirienced with FRED remember that last time (before this) I actually fredded was in 2002 or 2003, so I am not really fresh either.
But I guess spellchecking would come handy. No matter how I try my motherlanguage is still not english.

Hah, LadyRose is still alive. Sorry that I can't be of any help, but it turns out that a RL job tends to suck up pretty much all of my modding time.

I am not that old :lol: I still check here now and then, but active? Naah.

I know what you mean, pretty much same with me, my work, my family and my other mod. I guess that otherwise I wouldn't have posted this  topic.

I still hope that somebody steps front and takes ghastly duty to work with me on this.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
* The E volunteers.

Gimme some work! As a first contribution, I humbly submit the Mission you uploaded, now with added spellchecking.

[attachment deleted by evil Tolwyn]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:03:23 am by The E »

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
I just realized that on mission is still old dialog from 2001, I didn't spell check it  :ick:

Do you volunteer as spellchecker or as fredder or both?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Spellchecker primarily. As I said, my FREDing skills are still in need of developing, but I'll certainly try to contribute what I can.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
 :yes: :yes: :yes:

Janus was good but I am just far too busy with my own campaigns, WingCommander Saga, other non-FS2 related projects and not to mention my outside-the-Internet life  :lol:
Nice to see you found sb. Go to it E!

Although...    I thought you were German?  :confused:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So? Not being a native speaker doesn't mean I can't do some checking, does it? (If push comes to shove, I'm currently living surrounded by british people. I can always ask one of them...)

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Downloaded the mission file, will check it out this weekend.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
im fairly crap at everything but if you need some one to fly around in circles and bug check once you get more ppl on board i volunteer

i also make a wicked lasagne
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm always struck by how pretty TBP is. I think part of it is the gorgeous Starfury engine glows. I like the soft edges.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I'd be willing to help.  I can do spell checking, grammar checking and some minor fredding.  I also have a copy of the original campaign.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Macfie is THE man for that.  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Moving this over to public development since that's what it's there for.   :pimp:

Great to see there is some interest in getting another campaign for TBP. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
So far lots of help on my grammar, but virtually zero help on FREDing. I need fredders above all, otherwise grammar part is pretty pointless :(

Moving this over to public development since that's what it's there for.   :pimp:

Great to see there is some interest in getting another campaign for TBP. 

Strange to place it here since Janus never was part of TBPs official work (well not sure about 2nd campaign), but I don't mind.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well it's a perfect place then since everything here isn't official work.   :pimp:

I'd help with FREDding but my plate is full at the moment and summer is coming so I'll be outdoors quite a bit. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
So far lots of help on my grammar, but virtually zero help on FREDing. I need fredders above all, otherwise grammar part is pretty pointless :(

*snip*

I'll check the FRED part, i couldn't spell/ grammar check to save my life.
Still a noob in FREDing, tough.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you have any problems I'll be happy to help but I'm pretty sure you can figure out most of the stuff yourself.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]