Author Topic: How many of you think you know what this campaign is about?  (Read 18514 times)

How many of you think you know what this campaign is about?
Agreed I just want to play it.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Frankly, the "dated" complaint is a little off...the BWO demo was technically dated when I played it.

I didn't notice. I didn't notice when I played it earlier today, either.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Originally posted by IceFire
If there's interest to support the project then that'll help.

:wtf: what does that exactly mean?

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I do look forward to release....trouble is, BWO looks dated now compared to what it used to be.

Then why not release chapter 1 soon before it becomes anymore dated?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 11:40:18 pm by 1313 »
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Ice, please don't!! How long have you been at this?? 4/5 years... Are you going to throw it all away for nothing??? What about the rest of us, who want to play BWO, outdated or not??

Don't make BWO end like Over the Top, Reciprocity, CIM, etc...
You know how anticipated this project is, it would be a shame to throw it to the trash can when you have the tools/people to finish it and the end is almost in your grasp...

As for BWO being outdated: I'm sure that in a month after release you will see people modelling high-poly versions of its models, drawing specular maps etc, etc :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Lacking HTL models isn't a big deal. And BWO's backgrounds are still on mar with most things out there today ... Honestly I'm looking forward to BWO and playing with upgrading it later.

I've played through Derelict a few times too and I don't mind.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Originally posted by Ypoknons
And BWO's backgrounds are still on mar with most things out there today ... Honestly I'm looking forward to BWO and playing with upgrading it later.

Ditto :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Something about Santa... saving Christmas, right?

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Don't worry guys...BWO aint dead.  My role is just presently reduced. It may be larger in the end.

Beta testing Episode 2 Mission 4 at the moment.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

I say let the BWO opus be finished no matter what, i played the demo and i liked it. some of the FREDing could have been tightened up some but thats why its a pre-release demo and not the real thing. you guys have what seems as a solid story, and one of the only two campaigns( :doubt: I think ) that deal with going back to Sol and what that might mean. So i say outdated or not the odds of finishing a project that gets started 'round here( while being much higher than if there were no HLP ) are still against you. So i say if you are almost there then give the odds :thefinger: and finish it 'cause if you do that you guys are the :thepimp:

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
I know nothing of the storyline, save the Golgotha is big and bad. I'm looking forward to it hugely...
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
somoene tell me what happened in the demo i've played it when it was first released and now don't remember a single thing.
Don't want to download and replay all over...
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Why not? It's only a couple of missions, and they're all good. ;)

Vasudan rebels pop up, basically. Can't remember much more than that...
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
cuz getting any mod for me to work is like formatting my comp...i kid u not.

The one thing I didn't like about the demo is that one of the wingmen dies in the last or later missions, yet in the previous 2-3 missions they had already died, so when they died in the story it was kind of "ehh, whatever".

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
holy crap thanks a lot man!
that looks like a mess but i got the gist of it, i will have to come back to your post again once this is release and then agin while im playing lol

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Genoism
cuz getting any mod for me to work is like formatting my comp...i kid u not.

Just make several copies of the /data folder (and subfolders) and switch the names as required.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

This was on of the better campaigns I have played over the years. One of the best things was not having to look at the message screen to know what was going on(ie. voice files). It worked great on the SCP version and was enjoyable.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
:welcome:
BWO will be one of the best campaigns. Maybe the best. :p
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Kie99

Exits are to your right and left, and flamethrowers are under your seat. Be careful, though, as they are sometimes filled with water, so bring your own Napalm or try to club someone with the non-working shotguns in the weapon closet. Also, be careful while wandering the ventilation shafts. If you see a large, five-limbed creature that looks really pissed, it’s probably Carl, give him your lunch and he'll hopefully go away.  If you see a big desert creature its probably Raa, give him a fish and he might leave your head alone.  In the event of an emergency, the n00bs will be the last into the escape pods, if there’s any room left. The Plasma rifles in the forward locker are released only under authorization of an Admin, :V: God, or hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Oh, and whatever you do, don't mention the word Freespace followed by the number 3.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 03:06:34 pm by 1934 »
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"