Author Topic: Can Someone help me  (Read 2073 times)

Can Someone help me
Can Anyone tell me how to get the capital ships to fire beams in fred 2?????

Thank you

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Wow.

You'll need to do the FRED 2 tutorial. To make the beams fire, open the Events editor. Create a new event. The new event should look like

"When
blah blah
do-nothing"
Replace "blah blah" with "has-arrived-delay" by right clicking, clicking on replace operator, clicking on objectives, and then clicking on has-arrived-delay
Right click the line that appeared below "has-arrived-delay" and select the ship you want with beams firing.
Then click on "do-nothing", right click, hit replace operator, hit change, hit beam free all.
Right click the line below "beam-free-all" and pick the ship you want again.

Now someone close this thread.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

can i get it to fire on all ships?

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
You'll need to make seperate events for each ship :(
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Must...resist...urge...to...revive...VBBQ....

Where's Zylon when you need him for a laugh? :no:

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Come now, be nice..
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Indeed, he's just asking a question - it's not exactly obvious if you don't check out all the available information before asking.

Carl_ you've already got an answer from Alk but if you really want to do more than chuck a few ships into FRED then you should take a look at the tutorial that comes with the game that shows you a lot of things that FRED can do, it's by no means the extent of the functions but it should get you started. Best of luck!