Author Topic: Ancient-Shivan War Mod - Anyone interested ?  (Read 67540 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Ancient-Shivan War Mod - Anyone interested ?
Yes.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I am no expert like you guys but I find it difficult to believe that the Shivans had FS2 ships in the Fs1 era.
I think that up to meeting the GTA, the Lucifer was the shivans flagship; similar to the Colossus for the GTVA. I don't think that they had any other ships with similar firepower. The Lucifer was a breakthrough 8000 years ago and the Shivans did not yet have the resources to build more. Think of stone age technology when comparing it to Man's history.
Necro, i like reading this thread. In fs2 it is implied that 8000 years ago that the shivans blew up the star in the system beyond gamma draconis. The answer lays in the fact that everyone in the game was suspecting what the nebula came from and when, the fact that the system is full of shivans, and at the end of the game we get to see how the shivans blow up a star. 8000 years ago they probably used saths to do it. Shivans probably had a bit of their fs2 technology if maybe even having all of their fs2 technology back then. This doesn't remove the lucifer from being a breakthrough though, it was one hell of a difference for the shivans. It was shielded, and not only had front beams, but also side beams.

One reason I really wanted to post in here. That i think is important. What the hell are you guys going to use for the place name of the ancients? The ancients did not call themselves the ancients. The only reason that is used is because the tv scientists couldn't find out the ancients actual species name.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

very good point. :P I do not know what will happen to this campaign. :/ It seems to have died and no word has been heard. D:
Creator of Black Sun Corporation, the leading manufacturer of modern warfare.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Long live the beephkake (place name for ancients) mod! This truly sucks then :ick:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Dead?! Over my dead body!

Really, I'm still working of this. Me, FreeSpaceFreak, freespaceking and Droid803.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Plz tell us what the naming convention you will be using for the ancients. :yes:

SMBFD

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
If I recall correctly, you play from the perspective of a Terran Researcher or something.
It would probably have the same tone as the Ancients cutscenes...
Actually, I don't really know.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Dead?! Over my dead body!

That can be arranged. XD (jk)

Glad to hear that it's still being made. I was starting to lose hope after not hearing anything, since I have been looking forward to this. :P

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
I'd like to play this mod.

SMBFD

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I would too... Oh wait, I'm making it afterall.

Well, just so you all know, that things are going much faster now that there are more people working on it.  ;)

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
That is cool. I like Ancients. Btw I am working on my own campaign something like post capella time, Shivan are back again but now Ancients will make their move and help GTVA with Shivans and etc etc. Well I am working on my MOD about 2 years and still not finished :( 
Btw do you need any help ? SO perhaps I can share with you my own ideas for story or some ships or my 3 own ships or something :)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Ships? Did you say ships? DEFINETLY.

Umm... Send me a PM. Or add me to MSN ( better; my MSN ID is in my profile ).

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wow, I'd really like to see these new ship models.

It really annoys me how there are a hundred Terran fighters but only like a dozen (decent) Vasudan and Shivan mods.

yeah, I agree with you. I'd be able to finish some models if I could actually get them into cob format. -.- I work in Milkshape it's easiest for me. :P But I've had some great models waiting to be converted. :/

Sorry to talk about myself and not this campaign. I'll delete this post if neccessary. :P

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
Well Snail and Shadow: Yes some ships but there is one problem: They are from my favourite TV series Stargate... So I have  Prometheus, Daedalus, Anubis Mother ship, Hatak, O'Neill, Wraith Hive ship...   All these ships were made in TS 6.6 by me :)
But I am planning to make some new ships from my own mind, imagination....  But well these days a lot of exams in school so don't have time :(   

EDIT: Crap sry for really stupid mistake...
"Are" changed to "were made"...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:41:54 pm by Jouzin »

lol. Stargate? XD awesome show. :P

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
yeah, I agree with you. I'd be able to finish some models if I could actually get them into cob format. -.- I work in Milkshape it's easiest for me. :P But I've had some great models waiting to be converted. :/

Sorry to talk about myself and not this campaign. I'll delete this post if neccessary. :P

Are you part of the Stargate: Earth's Defense project on GW?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
Well once again sorry for mistake with that passive form :(

And no I am not. I am a big fan of Stargate, but I am not part of any project...

no, I'm not. I'm helping a couple of friends on this site to develope a mod for freespace2. :P One of them plans on changing 95% of the ships. :P So far, we have the plot down, we are now starting the missions. Hope that clears it up a bit. :P And sorry for my small rant. :P

In case anyone missed the announcement in Missions & Campaigns: We're now hosted at SG, here's our site.