Author Topic: external weapon model firing points  (Read 1917 times)

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
external weapon model firing points
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=69696.0
is there any documentation as to how one sets up the models to do this? do i just add Fire points and name them lets say
dirkPOD-Fp00 through what ever number of points? or is the naming of the fire points something else entirely?
also,will this work for primary bank models as well? cuz it would be really nice to have gun models use their own fire points instead of having to build the gun to align the barrel the fighters firing points, if that's the case then OMG I'll have a lot more flexability with design.
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: external weapon model firing points
you place a single firepoint on the ship, this tells the game where to place the weapon.  then in the launcher/cannon model place as many firepoints as wanted on the model where you want the shot to spawn like normal.

to table it up you want for example
$Model File:            10mmx50mm.pof      ### this is the missile/shot ###
$External Model File:      LCG1.pof                  ### this is the launcher/cannon ###
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Is this done in PCS2?

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
yes firepoints are done in PCS2

edit:

to table it up you want for example
$Model File:            10mmx50mm.pof      ### this is the missile/shot ###
$External Model File:      LCG1.pof                  ### this is the launcher/cannon ###
is done table side
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
For missile launchers, you can also have multiple firepoints, and have the launcher cycle through them. Just put "chain external model fps" into flags field. You can also disable the "recoil" on rocket launchers with "external model launcher" flag.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
For missile launchers, you can also have multiple firepoints, and have the launcher cycle through them. Just put "chain external model fps" into flags field. You can also disable the "recoil" on rocket launchers with "external model launcher" flag.

you also need the "external model launcher" on secondarys to stop the reload animation on the launcher

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Shouldn't there be a wiki page for this somewhere?
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
dont remember hitting a specific page, but with a little reading up on a few pages and a little guess work is how I managed it.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
dont remember hitting a specific page, but with a little reading up on a few pages and a little guess work is how I managed it.

That's how a college class should read, not a wiki.  :doubt:

Edit: Oh, wow. Look what I found: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/POFCS2Help/HelpHome
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:16:28 am by z64555 »
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.