Author Topic: Alliance Website  (Read 54049 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
http://inferno.hard-light.net/SOL/

Here you'll find info on the INF SCP/SCP Standard hybrid mod Inferno: Alliance.
This includes several screenshots not shown on the forums, and a ship gallery with all the new ships not originally featured in FS1, FS2 or INF SCP.

Oh and it's not avaliable for download yet :p

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Wow an entire week without a response, that has to be a new recored for here...  :sigh:

Offline neoterran

It's kind of hard to get excited about something that isn't available for download....make it available for download and I think you'll see alot more activity.

Also, i have to say... it doesn't make sense to release mods that don't use the SCP to the fullest. Alot of screenshots from you don't look as good as my SCP which makes me suspect you don't have a top of the line or even mainstream gaming rig, Woomeister (ie : a 6800 class or better)

Having HTL models isn't a must, but it's somewhat underwhelming seeing videos at 640 x 480 with alot of older effects, no env mapping, etc, when you're playing something much more beautiful at home...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 01:38:30 pm by neoterran »
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Also, i have to say... it doesn't make sense to release mods that don't use the SCP to the fullest. Alot of screenshots from you don't look as good as my SCP which makes me suspect you don't have a top of the line or even mainstream gaming rig, Woomeister (ie : a 6800 class or better)
Uh the next Inferno release doesn't use SCP eye candy to its fullest. Should I cancel INF SCP now then?
Most of our weapons and effects are several years old now and probably won't be replaced as we have over 200 weapons to redo then. Unless you have an army of effects artist willing to lend a hand?
I have a 9200SE in this system which I take the movies off and do most development on, and an X700 in my laptop which I take most HTL shots on. I only have the SCP standard version on this system.

Having HTL models isn't a must, but it's somewhat underwhelming seeing videos at 640 x 480 with alot of older effects, no env mapping, etc, when you're playing something much more beautiful at home...
It's based in FS1 era times so I'm using the FS1 era weapons as they are. The other 'EA' weapons look like they currently do in INF SCP, though I tweaked a few of them.
I don't use ENV as I do development on my desktop system which doesn't really like HTL models and env doesn't work on it. ENV works on my X700 but only with a cubemap, which just seems to paint non existant nebulas on my ships.

I won't be upgrading anything as I don't have the staff to do it, I've produced this in the last three months solo with a bit of help in testing from Qwer (thanks dude  :yes:)

Are these better 'eye candy'?

I'm a little curious as to when this campaign takes place. From the looks of it it is telling the same timespan as S:AH. Or is this the remake of S:AH we've been promised (the one with SCP compatibility)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's set in Sol before the formation of the EA. It's not a S:AH remake as S:AH had nothing to do with us.

Offline neoterran

Well, it looks better with those shots, why not release it and let us play it and perhaps then you'll get the platitudes you are seeking.
Chief Grognard.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I have to make a few more SP non campaign missions first. Unless you only want to play only one mission against the Shivans :)
Qwers looking into some MP missions as well.

The campaign is about half done (10/20 missions)

Note the trailer is only about 5 days into the development of the campaign. Though without the HTL models running on a decent system it'll look similar to the trailer, and if the last few ships don't get cockpits, then your stuck with the non HTL versions for now...

I just wanted a responce really, over 100 views to both topics and not one single reply which isn't usual for this forum.

Offline neoterran

Today is the first i've seen or heard of it and I frequent this place too often already.

I'm always excited for any inferno related release but I must say it has been enervating waiting for R2 and i've only been playing since April   :p

I would suggest putting at least a 3 mission demo of it out so people can give impressions, ideas, or just play something new while the likely multi-month wait commences...

Chief Grognard.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I posted the trailer in April:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39362.0.html

and I posted these topics a week ago, so it's not like I've been keeping it a secret :)

I built up three fleets during that time, then made the mod work as a FS2/INF hybrid.
I have to do a lot of testing when I add things as I need to keep compatability with both SCP standard and INF SCP, which isn't easy sometimes.

Well the first release will be a few SP missions (depends on how many I want to make) possibly a few MP missions and ALL the mod. Though HTL ships will only be released once I reach the minimum requirements I set in the HTL thread. I'll just need to release the campaign once it's done then.

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
with a bit of help in testing from Qwer (thanks dude  )

Well i'm not doing anything special exept MP missions. :p
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Well I posted the trailer in April:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39362.0.html

and I posted these topics a week ago, so it's not like I've been keeping it a secret :)

Sorry. I would have been here to show support, but i had my A-Level exams during April-June season, so i wasn't avalible.

I did see your trailer however; mod looks really good. Hope you have fun making it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:53:16 am by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Heh I keep adding to it. Originally it was for INF only and was about 50mb, now the SCP standard version is 228mb with the new HTL models included. It's almost the same size as R1 now :D
(INF version is 116mb)

Offline neoterran

you might want to check out the updated angel and valkyrie maps that were posted here recently...
Chief Grognard.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I have those on my desktop, I just need a cockpitted Valkyrie/Angel to use them with  ;7

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I have those on my desktop.

Wow. I feel flattered.  :nod:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well if I don't put them on my desktop I'll probably forget about it. I have the Valk and Angel pof files and several cob files I've been working on the last few days. My desktop gets quite messy sometimes :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Shots from a SP mission I was working on today.

Offline neoterran

Ugh, just release it already, such a tease !

Between this, Inferno SCP, Blackwater Ops, Shadows S:AH update, there's tons of campaigns that look awesome to play that i just can't...
Chief Grognard.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'll probably wait until 3.6.9 is finalised. RC4 broke something though it's fixed now. I don't want to release it and have to patch it a few days later due to code changes :)

Well this is entering its 4 month in development so it hasn't taken years like INF SCP or BWO, which I don't think is bad for a solo effort, so I think you can hang on a bit longer :nod:

Heh I get complaints from not releasing enough eye candy, not usually the other way around :lol:

Of course this gives people more time for someone to volunteer to do cockpits for the Valkyrie and Angel so I can release the HTL stuff to...